D2 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tony13

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to choose between the D1's and the D2's. I like the D2 for their size and lack of swivel . But have a few concerns, I would like to know if there is any breathing difference between the two. I've spoke with a few people that have had the D1 down to a significant depth but have no info on the D2's. Also is the D2 a special with a limited run? I ask cause the SE title on them.
Thanks,
Tony

the D2 was supposed to be just a Black Friday thing ...demand has kept them going. I am thankful I used SE not LE :)

The D2 is pretty close to the D1 in performance, if you ever reach a depth that the D2 isn't cutting it anymore, I'll switch ya to a D1 or a BP2(coming very soon) and put your D2 inb my demo reg pile, you just pay the shipping.

the D2 was supposed to be just a Black Friday thing ...demand has kept them going. I am thankful I used SE not LE :)

The D2 is pretty close to the D1 in performance, if you ever reach a depth that the D2 isn't cutting it anymore, I'll switch ya to a D1 or a BP2(coming very soon) and put your D2 inb my demo reg pile, you just pay the shipping.

Wow! Hows that for service and confidence in your product? Tony13 that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I bet no one else would offer you a deal like that and if someone does TAKE IT.

Later Mon,
Nick

I hope you keep producing them. I love them for my deco bottles. I love the look of my SE second stage too and they breath exceptionally well.

I've had the D2 and D1 down to 220' w/Hog & Apeks 2nds, [use to use Apeks DS4's] and didn't feel any difference between the D2, or the D1...But did noticed easier breathing when used w/HOG 2nds-vs-Apeks 2nds..And better than Apeks 1st and 2nd's.... They were used on double HP 130's and 120's...I like the D2's because they have two HP ports, which makes routing hoses on doubles easier...The 'ease of breathing' at depth is more a function of the 2nd stage...I was surprised at the noticeable difference, especially on the better response of the fine & course adjustment knobs of the HOG 2nd's....You can get very precise flow......

---------- Post added April 17th, 2012 at 07:36 PM ----------

Keep up the good work HOG :D !!!!....Your approach to quality/customer service and response to diver's needs is a welcomed and refreshing change.....

Thanks Chris. I took your reg service class at BTS and am happy with what I saw and heard. Your customer service and confidence in your product is very impressive. Max depth for me right now is 300'. One of my fellow class mates had her D1 down to 410'. Would the performance difference be noticeable at these depths?

Tony

Well, I know what my next set of regs are going to be! Holy damn. In fact, I think I am going to replace my OW single tank reg wit my next order.

We can do that!

I normally buy all my stuff from select locations. However, I just book marked your page, and due to your attitude on this board, I would have no problem picking it up from you. I will let you know when my accountant (wife) will let me place another order. I just did one earlier today.

What the wife doesn't know, doesn't bother her :p ... 10 regs or 11 regs, whats the difference. (joke)

Is the BP2 similar to the BP1 design? Any previews ? Please?

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom