D2 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope...but the parts you would need for your D2 are all contained with the D1 service kits...and more. I ordered two full D2 service kits from DRIS (1st and 2nd stage) and they were identified as such.

This is what I got earlier on from Cerich when I inquired on the very same subject:

Annual servicing...question of general interest. Besides the color, the D2 looks strangely similar to the EPIC first stage. What part kit will I require at this time next year for the first stage ...D1, D2, Epic????

It is the same service kit as the Epic Gen 2 first stage, a D1 kit will work as well with some parts left over

Thanks RTee. I took the class and that's what I thought but couldn't remember for sure. How do you like the D2 compared to the D1? I'll be using them on my bailout tanks and was also wondering if the hose routing on the D1's are any more streamlined then on the D2's.

I have not dove the D1...mind you I might purchase a set eventually when I trade my last AL80 cft single tanks for HP120. Having said that, I have been very impressed with the D2 (Cold water) ease of breathing. I am using them on stage bottles

yeah, the D2 and the Edge epic are the same first stage. In HOG it only comes in DIN,in EDGE you can get with a yoke or DIN. Edge t also comes with a second stage that is attached with a hose, not so with HOG. HOG din you get a black chrome and a hard DIN Cap, EDGE is Tri chrome and the din has a rubber DIN cover/dust cap

The HOG has a pig on it, the EDGE a EDGE logo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom