D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The D420 is like an ex I never quite got over.
Your ex and I have been in a long term relationship :wink:
my first 420 doesn’t get out much and now I’m flirting with the sherwood tramps, they are exceedingly “easy” :)

It could be a good regulator - don't know - haven't tried it.

Some comments on marketing:

"Smooth breathing under any conditions" claims the marketing video. Is this true when inverted, too?

The video also claims that the reg is less stressfull to breathe, or something like that. Personally I find very few regs stressfull to breathe. A leaking one might be because of wet breathe (yes, it was awkward). A bandmask also felt less pleasant, bacause I felt it required a deeper breath because of its construction. I've used Apeks regs, Suunto regs, AquaLung Legend Glacias, Poseidon Cyklons, some Mares regs, ... and they all give air on demand - no problem. Whats does stressfull mean to you?

Dear ScubaPro,
Please do some real product development and place the exhaust valves behind the neck. I'm tired of having the bubbles in my face when I'm looking forward. A Poseidon Cyklon solves half the issue (I have one) but not all of it.

Fine tuning without a Magnehelic
Would it be ok to press down the purge flap and turn allen bolt counter clockwise till it starts leaking air when I pressurize the stages?

Lets say I turn it clockwise till it stop leaking - would that be the same while diving?

Asking because plunging water in water and pressure may have an impact

I don’t use a magnehelic, the @James79 adjuster helps with fine tuning, the tuning guidelines in this post will get you most of the way there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom