D80 housing problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lodiveco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I can't get my aperture to adjust on my D80 housing. It appears the rubber wheel that moves the control isn't mating correctly or is worn down. Anyone have any tips on correcting the problem???

I had the same issue. Had to extend the little screws on the bottom of the black tray where the camera attaches just a little bit. Worked fine then. (Assuming this is an Ike housing).

Since you're posting in the Sea & Sea section, I assume it's a Sea & Sea housing. My D300 housing has a similar issue with the metering adjustment wheel. The control on the camera is stiff and the wheel slips. I took it in to Backscatter in Monterey and they suggested putting a little tape on the control to tighten it up. The other alternative would be to take it in for servicing and they could probably replace the rubber wheel. Since you're in New England, Backscatter East in Derry, NH might be of help.
I think a little double-stick tape might suffice, though. Also, as suggested by acrofrag, there can be wear on the camera mounts. I've been stupid in the past and forgotten to take the eyepiece off or lock down the tray when installing the camera or things like that and it's amazing what doesn't work due to a little extra pressure tilting the camera. Check for any play in the camera when locked down on the tray and see if things can be adjusted a bit and retightened. Sometimes a little shimming of mounting points might work wonders.

Thanks for the info. I never thought of the double stick tape. I have not had the time to check adjustments.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom