Dacor Eagle Pro Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bloofish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I 'm thinking of purchasing one of these as i can get it at a great price. I believe Mares have bought Dacor and therefore wonder if anyone can confirm that a Mares octo could be paired with this reg.

Any thoughts welcome.

Yes, Mares did purchase Dacor. I think you had better go straight to the source and email your question to Mares.

Over here in the States, Mares has been running big promotions trying to get folks to trade in their Dacor regs for new Mares regs. I took advantage of that offer and traded my old Dacor Pacer XL. I'm not sure what that program means for the future of Dacor regs.

Good luck

Service parts ca be difficult to get on Dacor Regs, unless you have access to a stockpile of them I would not be purchasing one.

Yes, Mares did purchase Dacor. I think you had better go straight to the source and email your question to Mares.

Over here in the States, Mares has been running big promotions trying to get folks to trade in their Dacor regs for new Mares regs. I took advantage of that offer and traded my old Dacor Pacer XL. I'm not sure what that program means for the future of Dacor regs.

Good luck

...didn't the MARES trade-in program end like...YEARS...... ago ???

Service parts ca be difficult to get on Dacor Regs, unless you have access to a stockpile of them I would not be purchasing one.

1+

You can put a Mares octo (or pretty much any octo) on that reg and tune it to work just fine, but the real issue is going to be parts availability for the Dacor reg.

My understanding (and someone please correct me if I've got this wrong) is that after Dacor went under, Mares bought them out.... but, the company(ies) that produced some of the Dacor components were still owed money by Dacor, and ended up destroying the manufacturing molds for the Dacor parts.... thus Mares cannot provide new Dacor replacement parts, and whatever old Dacor parts that remain in various back rooms is all there is.... so if you walk into the average LDS and ask if they can service your reg, you'll probably get one of these :idk: . Some parts like o-rings and maybe low pressure seats can be replaced with "generics", but other components (high pressure seats) probably cannot.

If you have not already bought the reg, I'd recommend a different brand.

Best wishes.

A distinction needs to be made between Dacor regs pre Mares purchase and post Mares purchase. The post Mares Dacor regs are rebadged Mares regs, and parts are not difficult to find. Well, at least they are not any more difficult to find than regular Mares parts.

To answer the OP's question: any octo can be paired with this reg, but needs to be adjusted to the intermediate pressure of the first stage.

Thanks for all the replies so far. From the picture on the website advertising the reg its badged Dacor. Despite the £50 price tag i may avoid it and go with a more service friendly reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom