Dacor Extreme Plus Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larycope

Reaction score
I have a Dacor Extreme Plus Regulator...... yes, I know about that Mares (I think) bought them out and it is no longer made..... parts problems, etc. and yes one of these days I will have to purchase a new regulator.............. This isn't my first rodeo and I have been diving with the regulator for 7 or 8 years.

Question: Will the regulator work at 85 to 100+ feet with the Booster Piston, Diaphragm, Umbrella Valve and Retaining Washer missing? Yes, I mean GONE! I would like an answer from a technition or someone who knows for sure.......

Background: Last year when I had my regulator serviced, I was informed of the parts issue and when they were gone, they were gone. Since then, I have put 40-50 dives on the regulator with absolutely no problems. Just after returning from a week of diving in Bonaire, I took the regualtor to the same shop that had serviced it the last couple of years. When I handed the regulator to the shop owner, I told him that I was aware of the parts issue, call me if he had a problem......... and chuckle, chuckle, "who knows, I might have to buy a new regulator" (I probably shouldn't have said that)

A few days later I got a call informing me that they could not service the regulator and that I would need to purchase a new reg. When I finally went into the shop, I was told that there were parts missing and that they were no longer available. I was also told that I was probably diving somewhere in the Caribbean and had been ripped off.......... I don't leave my gear unsecured, and I find it extremely had to believe that someone would remove the parts and replace the end-cap/plug so that no one would notice............ If they want it that bad, they will steal the entire regulator.

As you might imagine, I am not a happy camper and had doubts about the honesty of a shop. But be that as it may................ Will the regulator work without the parts.

By the way........... I had the parts replaced and serviced by another shop, who told me that they didn't see any evidence of water in the regulator.

Thanks for your help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom