Dacor Viper

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alltemp1

Reaction score
Has anyone out there heard of problems with the Viper second stage Reg. I recently was told about failure on the purge side that the diaphragm on the exhaust can fold and allow water to be inhaled. I talked to Decor but they said no. The person who had told me is a very knowledable and reliable. This happened to him. I would be interested in any feed back seeing I own one. Thanks Al

All I can tell you bud is that I'm on this forum right now to get a good opinion of a new regulator, because right after that I'm going to ebay or leisurepro and buying a new one.

Why?

Because my Viper Tec has been so damn sensitive to problems from day one. Now I need a new low pressure valve seat for the 2nd stage (slightly free flowing b/c it wont seat fully anymore). The friggin dive shops wont sell me a $1.50 part for a $125 regulator without a $100 overhaul. So I'm over it.

I will never dive Dacor again. :upset:

But, to answer your question, I've never had that problem since water can't get in due to my frequently recurring free flow problems.

Yes, there were problems with the Viper, maybe about 2 years ago. I bought one from my local dive shop. The dive shop owner said there were problems with the Viper and Dacor replaced mine with the new Viper America. No extra charge and an upgrade, for sure. Tell Dacor you knew there was a recall and you missed it, maybe they will replace it.
My Viper worked well I noticed no problems, but my dive shop offered the exchange so I went for it. Now I remember, Dacor was not making the offer public, they would only make an exchange if the Viper owner complained about something like noises or hard breathing. My dive shop owner is very honest and a people person so he asked me if I would like the exchange. That was real nice of him. I love the Viper America with a Viper Octopus.

I have heard this several times. My understanding was there was a problem in the 1999 model. It was fixed for the 2000 model. I have the 2000 and have had no problems with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom