Dahab recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It looks like I will be at a conference in Jerusalem in mid June and have up to a week free afterwards before I head home. I am thinking of heading across the border down to Dahab.

There seem to be a lot of dive centres to choose from, but not many recent recommendation threads here on Scubaboard. Can anyone recommend some good options for me based on the following requirements:

1. 45 year old, currently 185 logged dives in Sydney, Byron Bay, all over Bali and also Anderman Sea. Rescue & GUE Fundies are my highest certifications.

2. Travelling alone this time. Prefer small group, with guides who are good spotters, nitrox and 15L cylinder. On holidays I prefer not to have to dive with brand new divers (although I do all the time at home).

3. Will take all my own gear and dive up to 4 times a day.

4. I normally prefer smaller operations and love it to be just me and a ‘spotter’ guide but professionalism is key.

5. I’m not on a shoestring, back packer budget, but am on a budget.

6. Somewhere with cheap, clean accommodation nearby or onsite but not ‘party central’.

Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom