DAN Insurance...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zen_man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

My wife and I are headed to Hawaii in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if I should get DAN insurance for us? We will be diving a lot. I know there is a DAN thread, but I wanted to put this out in the general populous. I have always been leery of insurance agencies, but it does seem to be the smart thing to do from what I can see.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Buck

I would definately recommend purchasing some type of dive insurance and just hope you never need it. I personally have DAN but I know there are others out there.

Wife & I bought DAN(the maximum) for the 1st time in 22+ years of diving about 3 weeks ago(before a Little Cayman & next week Flower Gardens trip back to back)....Guess it's never too late..........

I just joined dan and got the insurance. It was only like 50 bucks for a year. More than worth it. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I would get the insurance and keep the coverage current. Most likely, you will never need the insurance. However, if you do, you will be happy you have it. Chamber charges can get rather pricey. I have been renewing my DAN policy (for myself, wife and son) since 1995. I feel the money was well spent. Even the years I only made a few dives.

Hope this helps

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback. This really helps. For some reason, I was thinking it was alot more expensive. I'm definitely going to purchase it.

B.

zen_man:
.. if I should get DAN insurance for us? We will be diving a lot. I have always been leery of insurance agencies,
I have never had to use it, but it is good to know it works. A buddy of mine took a serious (very serious) hit recently..... he never saw a bill and there were no questions asked once he showed his DAN card.

It works and believe me, if you need it, you'll be glad to have it. This is one insurance you DO want. A dry deco ride (the chamber) is very costly.

Meng_Tze:
I have never had to use it, but it is good to know it works. A buddy of mine took a serious (very serious) hit recently..... he never saw a bill and there were no questions asked once he showed his DAN card.

It works and believe me, if you need it, you'll be glad to have it. This is one insurance you DO want. A dry deco ride (the chamber) is very costly.

Meng_Tze,

It's really good to hear that DAN was that helpful for your friend and I'm really sorry to hear he had to use it. I hope he's doing ok now.

Absolutely. Like travel medical insurance, why even take the chance.

Enjoy Hawaii.

I have it, I needed it, it worked.
The DAN insurance picks up where your regular health insurance leaves off.
It also covers things that your regular insurance may not cover.
I'll never be without it.
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom