Day trip packages or liveaboard Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marisol Resort on Glover's reef. It's on the south tip.

Beware of Mexico! I read this morning that crime levels have risen massively in the Cancun/Playa/Cozumel area, and so have prices as mafia gangs move in and demand protection money. .....

Where did you read that?

As others have said, the outer reefs in Belize are a must do trip. I did the Aggressor trip twice and would do it again in a second. If you're going to go to the expense of getting to Belize from Canada, then go the extra yard and book on Aggressor or Dancer. The reefs of Cozumel are just not in the same class.

That being said, right now you can get an all-inclusive package from the Fiesta Americana, Cozumel from Calgary for about the same as flights to Belize City. If you're dragging a bunch of friends along, it's hard to argue with the economics of Cozumel from Canada.

I haven't read about any huge crime spree on Cozumel recently and I am heading there in just over two weeks. I'll let you know if I spot any roving drug gangs robbing the tourists while the cops stand by taking bribes :)

I read it in a local San Pedro community newspaper.

Thanks for all your help everyone. I'll throw all your ideas out to the group, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather do Belize and the liveaboard. This dive trip is my idea, and like a fish out of water, I'm just dying to get back in and do some fantastic diving.

Can't make the liveaboard option, hubby too lukewarm about diving and gets seasick. Will be traveling in Belize for a few weeks in April, with rental car, hopefully. We will book a week in Placencia for the whale sharks soon. They do offer trips to Lighthouse (1 night) as part of the package, also to Glover. While I would LOVE to dive the atolls, when I look at the map, it seems there are better places to do that from? We probably won't get to AC. If I want to book a day trip to one or more of the atolls, where or who else would you old Belize hands recommend? My budget doesn't really run to staying there for a week.

One of the trips we run out of Placencia is an overnighter that hits some of the best dives in Belize. We leave early from Placencia, have breakfast on the dive boat, and after about an hour or so do a dive at South Water Caye, then back on the boat, snack during the surface interval until we dive the elbow at Turneffe Atoll, then back on the boat for more eats on the way to dive The Aquarium at Lighthouse Atoll. We overnight on a caye, then dive the Blue Hole before breakfast (we finish the dive at about the time all the dive boats start arriving from AC), back to the caye for breakfast, another dive at Turneffe and South Water on the way back. We also do all the Placencia area dives including Glovers. You can check us out at www,splashbelize.com. We do inland and adventure tours too so those who don't want to dive can have a great time (and divers can too on the last day before they fly or in the case of some bad weather). It was the attraction of being on the beach but close to all the inland tours that brought me from Canada to live in Belize.

Hello Carissa and other ScubaBoard members,
Here's something that might be option for you and your travelmates:
We can book a four cabin all-inclusive catamaran sailboat from Placencia, Belize. This will facilitate diving every day without the long boat rides to the dive sites. Since we take the entire boat (which comes with Captain and First Mate/Chef) we can set the itinerary to do lots of diving, sail to the next dive site and still enjoy kayaking, eating, drinking, etc, with your(or our) other guests who may not be divers (or want to dive as many times per day as we do.) We also have the option to experience some local land based night life by chartering our own sailboat. We've already booked a four cabin boat for two weeks from 20 Aug thru 3 Sept 2011. since we only use one cabin we have three cabins available for that trip, if anoyone is interested in a mixed charter. The boats we use are from Tradewinds Cruise Club. If you think this might be something you are interested in we can find out if they have a boat available for the dates you want to go. For more information you can look on our website SailDives.com or the TradewindsCruiseClub.com website for more information.

Thanks Corey for that info. I will definitely look into this, although I was ideally aiming for April/May

You are quite welcome Carissa,
If you book two cabins we will reserve the four cabin yacht and you can select
the date to want to go, as long as there is availability. Check out our website
for more info or you can call me at 305-788-7987 and we can see about having a yacht for you
on your preferred dates.
Safety First!
Cheers,
corey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom