Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like there is a ladder once again at the mega pier. It looks like they have made it to be pulled up but it looks like it will be a challenge due to it's size and weight. Either way there is now a way to get back up on the pier which is less sketchy than other methods. Hopefully someone doesn't lift it up when there are still divers in the water.:facepalm:. You're welcome.:acclaim:

Is mid November a good time for diving in Curacao or should I consider a different time? November is the best time for diver hubby to be away from his business.... thanks so much.

just got back from Curacao on Sunday.
Diving was great overall. Trip was amazing. The island immediately skyrocketed to the top end of my island favorites list. Great people and beaches.

First night dive. Turns out it’s a little intimidating initially, looking down and not seeing much, other than my feet. Also learned about “Ooh! What’s that?!” divers. Think I got finned and basically torpedoed half a dozen times. Also learned XS Scuba Gauge readers suck. Filled up like a rain barrel in a thunderstorm. Thank God I had a back up. Still, a fun dive.

Both day dives were great. Big group though. A ton of sea life.
Did Tugboat at night and Double Reef and Shipwreck Point in the AM.

Ocean Encounters staff and crew were excellent. I’ll post some pics later. My photography skills suck, so It’ll be from the accompanying photographer.

Sunscape was nice, with a phenomenal beach and the snorkeling was like being in an aquarium. Tons of stuff to see just off shore. Food was OK to decent. Nothing to write home about.

Is mid November a good time for diving in Curacao or should I consider a different time? November is the best time for diver hubby to be away from his business.... thanks so much.
We have great diving year round. November is usually a little wet as we're still peak hurricane season which increases the likelihood of rain showers but what better place to be when it rain than under water, eh!

Where are you staying?

We have a bungalow at Bon Bini. Second time staying there. We have transitioned to this from using Lions twice before that. Short walk to Mambo Beach and included beach access there. We cook our own meals. Much quieter (not that Lions has been overly noisy - just cheaper and more our funk).

Curacao @ two weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0963.jpeg
    IMG_0963.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0966.jpeg
    IMG_0966.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1062.jpeg
    IMG_1062.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1008.jpeg