Daylight Savings Time Ends tonight for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Cozumel "falls back" one hour tonight - so if you are on the island, don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour or you will find yourselves an hour late to the boat or airport!

The US and Canada don't turn clocks back until November 6th - so we will be on the same as Mountain time in the US for a week instead of central time zone.

We go back an hour tonight in Europe as well.. Gonna be sweet with an extra hour of sleep :p

We don't have to do a dang thing in Arizona...however, I do have one clock that automatically sets itself back to standard time. A couple years ago when my sis was visiting the clock changed at midnight from standard time to daylight savings time. My sis is NEVER early for anything! Imagine our surprise when it was time to leave for church and my sis said she'd been ready to leave and sitting in the family room for an hour! Ha-ha!

Why does Cozumel bother with daylight savings time? They're about the same latitude as we are here in Hawaii and we do better here without it.

Probably because Mexico observes Daylight Savings Time.

Gee, that's rational. I guess a better question is why the more southerly states use DST, it's not a Mexico law ... the State of Sonora does not observe DST.

Probably to deal better with the rest of the world.

AZ non-changing time sucks. Even though we don't move our clocks, we have to explain to the world we are no longer on Mountain Time, but on Pacific time. Confuses the heck out of everyone, and we loose a lot of daylight before work. :mad:

We don't have DST in Hawaii, but this close to the equator (about 19 degrees North) it really makes little difference, since we tend to get up with the sun and go to sleep about two hours after it goes down ... we just get a little more sleep (or a slightly earlier night dive).

Reactions: Jax
We don't have to do a dang thing in Arizona...however, I do have one clock that automatically sets itself back to standard time. A couple years ago when my sis was visiting the clock changed at midnight from standard time to daylight savings time. My sis is NEVER early for anything! Imagine our surprise when it was time to leave for church and my sis said she'd been ready to leave and sitting in the family room for an hour! Ha-ha!
Last March, we were in Albuquerque for the time change;
Then drove into Arizona that did not do the change;
Then drove thru the Navajo nation that did the change;
Then thru the Hopi nation that did not change;
Back thru the other part of the Navajo nation that did change;
To our hotel in Cameron AZ which did not change.
My cell phone clock was so confused. :confused:

In Norway, as far as we are to the north, It matters a crapload. Its a matter of pitch black or sunny when you leave for work in the morning..

Back
Top Bottom