DC1400/Dual Sea Dragon pics - Bonaire 3/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there,
Great pictures!
I'm considering buying a dc1400, and for now I have one question.
How does the camera handle file names?
I have used Canon cameras and been annoyed that the files are grouped in 100's with same file names albeit in different folders.
I'd much prefer a camera which puts all the pictures in one big folder.

Which does Sealife do?

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Hi there,
Great pictures!
I'm considering buying a dc1400, and for now I have one question.
How does the camera handle file names?
I have used Canon cameras and been annoyed that the files are grouped in 100's with same file names albeit in different folders.
I'd much prefer a camera which puts all the pictures in one big folder.

Which does Sealife do?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks! No worries, the pics are all in the same folder.

Thanks. I appreciate your reply.

how adjustable is the sea dragon? I have been using a DC1000 with a single sealife strobe. they flexible handle is very adjustable now, the new arm and sea dragon setup look more rigid...is it?

many thanks

how adjustable is the sea dragon? I have been using a DC1000 with a single sealife strobe. they flexible handle is very adjustable now, the new arm and sea dragon setup look more rigid...is it?

many thanks

The head connection itself is quite adjustable, but I would still strongly recommend adding the flex arms anyway since they allow you to get much more creative with your lighting. The grips that come with the lights that attach directly to the tray do not flex at all, only the flex arms do. But, the new flex arms are just as flexible as the old ones, if not more-so, and they don't pop in half if you bend them too far like the old ones do.

I'm not entirely sure which part you were asking about, so let me know if that didn't answer your question. Also, I posted on here a while back with some comparisons between the old strobes and the Sea Dragons, so that may be of help as well:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sealife-station/472368-sea-dragon-strobes.html

thanks for a quick reply. can you replace the rigid with a flex or do they both need to be attached to each other? combined they look kinda long. I would really like the old not to pop in two.

thanks for a quick reply. can you replace the rigid with a flex or do they both need to be attached to each other? combined they look kinda long. I would really like the old not to pop in two.

Yes, you can connect tray --> flex arm --> light, but the grip and tray both come with the light anyway, so you may as well use them both for better flexibility. After all, size does matter... Also, the grip has a small channel cut into the side to run the flash link through to keep it out of the way.

Pillpusher, what settings did you use. The clarity and color is beautiful and I love the depth of field. I have a DC1400 and my shots are no where near that quality.

Pillpusher, what settings did you use. The clarity and color is beautiful and I love the depth of field. I have a DC1400 and my shots are no where near that quality.

Thanks. Honestly, it depends on the picture. More light = more color, which is why I prefer two strobes. Using extended arms allow you to get more creative and/or even with your lighting. For depth of field, macro or super macro focus will yield the best results. I use macro focus as much as possible unless the subject is fast moving and the longer shutter lag would be an issue. As long as the subject is within four feet or so (and not too quick), I'll usually set the focus to macro, zoom in as close as possible or needed, and manually adjust the strobe strength. Although, on macro, you have to zoom back out just a tad from full zoom to get good focus. For some reason, the auto focus doesn't work when zoomed in all the way. HTH, and let me know if you have any specific questions.

Nice pictures. I have the 1400 with one strobe and one light. What settings are you using? Just curious as I have problems with the focus being very slow.

Ricky

Back
Top Bottom