DC1400/Dual Sea Dragon pics - Bonaire 3/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pictures. I have the 1400 with one strobe and one light. What settings are you using? Just curious as I have problems with the focus being very slow.

Ricky

Thanks. As for what settings I use, read my reply right above your post. Hopefully some of that info will help. Yeah, the focus and shutter lag can be pretty slow, especially when using macro or super macro mode. If your subject is moving around too quickly, it'd be tough to get a good macro shot of it anyway, so switching to infinity focus should help reduce the focus and shutter lag time if it's a problem. When using manual settings, I'll usually set the ISO to 100 and have the f-stop as low as possible for more light and a smaller depth of field. Keep in mind a lower f-stop will likely increase the focal time as well, though. But, as long as your subject isn't moving around too quickly, it usually isn't too much of an issue.

Back
Top Bottom