Dead Coral - Hin Daeng and Ko Ha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep,

I sure will do. Wonder if anyone has been doing short day trips there. Especially with the recent boat accident near Phi Phi has stirred up quite an issue among the authorities as well as the dive operators.

yesterday the 24 oct i have been to hin daeng with a speedboat from koh phi phi , the visabillity was about 20 m and there is some fish around it but by far not the same as before .
a few barracuda's , badfish , rainbow runners , trevally and a few giant moray's .
the corals are on some places growing back but everything is small and only on a few places .
before it was even if you not saw a manta or whaleshark a very nice divesite , but for now it's not .
so for now i don't think it has any reason to go there .
hopefully soon i can give better news .
greetings walter koh phi phi

thanks for the update Walter. That's too bad... Hin Daeng was such a wonderful site. Hope it gradually recovers.

it's nice to see a rational investigation into this rather then the traditional knee jerk

"it's global warming's fault and george bush caused that"

dt

I had heard that HD & HM were going to be closed this season. No?

i heard that to but this is thailand when we went there , there was nobody else just in the distance 2 fishing boats .
so mayby they closed it but there is nobody there to check if people are there for diving.

well, I too heard from a few other sources that HD/HM would be closed for the coming season by the Thai Authorities... but have been seeking confirmation for quite a while now

well, I too heard from a few other sources that HD/HM would be closed for the coming season by the Thai Authorities... but have been seeking confirmation for quite a while now
Won't find the confirmation, because it will not be closed. Besides, divers are good to protect the environment, keeps the fishing boats away :)

Back
Top Bottom