Deaf Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasigner:
I live on Amelia Island....northeast Florida.....wish I could join you guys but my doctor won't let me resume diving until early to mid April.
The best diving in Florida is the Keys. If you head north.....touch base.
Paula
Second reply: Are there many scuba divers at RIT?
I should be heading up to Rochester soon to visit my late husband's family. Would you like to touch base if and when I do? Do you attend the summer classes because it may be in summer.
Paula

I know quite a few are scuba diving but not like me and Yukoneer - we both have our own equipments. Most of them have to rent or stop diving right after OW course. I doubt that Yukoneer and I will be here for the summer due to our co-op jobs if we hear anything. We will see about this summer.

scubasigner:
I have been researching it extensively since it is a dream of mine and I have the finances now to do so. I have a friend who may open a scuba shop here in Florida and we are talking about focusing alot of our energies on the deaf. I will provide the trips and she will provide lessons/dive shop. I spoke with Gallaudet and they already have dive classes for the deaf....Good to know! I King Jordan initially started the classes himself.
Paula

Ya, I just heard the other day that I. King is a dive instructor... very very cool. Keep us posted on what you get going.

scubasigner:
I live on Amelia Island....

How cool!! :) My name is Amelia.... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom