Deaf/HoH divers and ASL signers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there, I am sorry that some of us are not interested. You have to understand that with this current economy, it is not possible for some people to be able to spend a huge amount of money to go on a trip. I would like to go, but it is not possible for me.

I know that Scuba JW,I know that a lot of people are suffering from job loss and cutting back on spending.It was probably the wrong time to bring this up. Just thought I would try to see if there was any interest, thats all.

If anyone reading this thread lives in the Washington, DC/Baltimore, MD region the National Aquarium in Baltimore is having Deaf Awareness Day on March 14, 2009. Lots of fun !

For more information; National Aquarium in Baltimore
The National Aquarium in Baltimore celebrates our annual Deaf Awareness Day on Saturday, March 14, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Sign language interpreters will be narrating our public presentations, including Play! The Dolphin Show, animal feedings, dive presentations, and other public educational programs. Representatives from deaf advocacy groups will be available to meet with visitors and discuss their activities in the community.

Discounted Admission

NAIBDiver1

This year's Deaf/HoH trip going to Komodo National Park with Worldwide Dive and Sail has filled and unfortunatly there are no US or Canadians on board. The next Deaf/HoH trip will be August 2010 (16th - 26th August) to South Visayas in the Philippines. I sure hope US or Canadians intereted and can go. Sounds very exciting and different for those of us from this side of the planet

Fell free to PM me for further information as it becomes available.

One of my favourite memories of being on a dive boat, was watching a deaf couple signing away at each other on board the boat on the way out to the dive site. Everyone suited up to dive, and after they got their gear on, they kept up the conversation. What was the clincher for me, was after we jumped in the water, their conversation kept going! :cool2:

My sometimes dive buddy knows ASL, but hears just fine, but she has been pushing me to learn ASL for a little while. My travel schedule has not allowed me to go to mid week classes, but I really should find some weekend classes and just go. :D

Back
Top Bottom