Deaf Scuba Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eiresorpio

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heya,

Just thought I'd let fellow deaf divers know of this new website. Its to cater for like minded divers and helps to organise trips as well as having a forum for discussion relating to scuba diving.

www.deafdivers.co.uk

Who knows, a trip to the red sea might just take place at the end of the year!

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks for the link, Tom!

There are a couple of young divers on the boad with whom I've dived a couple of times who are hearing impaired.

I just recently asked one of them what I could do to help communicate better with them.

Until diving with them, I never realized what a challenge it is to communicate. I also felt as if they weren't being "included" (not the best choice of word, but the best I can do at the moment) to the extent that we all wanted when participating in some of our social activities.

Once again, thanks . . . !

The Kraken

Great link, Tom.

I don't have this disability but I've always thought that diving is a great sport for hearing impaired. I could do without most of the noises down there.

Perhaps it could be made a sticky in Divers with Disabilities forum?

Tom....thanks for the link!!! Is there a section for "Hearing, but know ASL?" I think that might be a great way for the Deaf and Hearing Communities to come together!

Jodi, thanks for the post!

In due time, I hope to add a section of seasigns and other signs so that hearing community can get summat out of the website! However, you are always welcome to check out the site every now and then!

Happy diving!

Tom

That is great! It would be nice to have a website like that for my are. I know a few Deaf divers and they would greatly benefit from something like this. On another note many hearing divers would benifit by learning ASL total communication abilitys underwater come in handy sometimes.

Howdy! Just want to share, I just open up a new business for Deaf Divers or and Deaf individual who are interested into Scuba Diving as well for Interpreters. Check it out: www.aquahands.com. I am a Deaf PADI Specialty Instructor.

Thomas J Koch

Great site. Thanks.

Are your services available to hearing impaired divers that aren't deaf?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom