Dealing with Fears...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regarding the regulator, I got one that has the second stage on a ball swivel so I don't feel the tug of the hose when I turn my head. It really made a difference for me. I'm a bit of an anxious diver and in order to keep the anxiety down I need to get in the water as often as possible. Is there a place you can practice skills in shallow water? Try to stay out of a current? Don't let anyone push you beyond your comfort level - don't push yourself in order to not drag down your buddy - KNOW that you can thumb the dive whenever you need to. I'm trying to internalize the idea that diving is not a speed sport! You don't get any extra points for rushing through a dive. In fact, you miss a lot and you screw up your breathing, hence your buoyancy and ultimately, your enjoyment. It becomes a "why bother" if you're not having fun. Remember why you're doing this - to have fun - and don't stop diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom