Dealing with long hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine just arrived.
Worked great in the hot tub, but the dive test will have to wait for another 98 days.
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just did a little dance in my chair. :) So happy to hear we have yet another happy customer! Just one request: next time, can you PLEASE take us with you to French Polynesia? So jealous.

I just used the bang wrangler on a two week diving trip in French Polynesia. Must say it worked extremely well.

---------- Post added November 19th, 2014 at 03:28 PM ----------

Hahaha - yes, it's great for all water sports, including hot-tubbing. :) Let us know how it goes on the dive test!

Mine just arrived.
Worked great in the hot tub, but the dive test will have to wait for another 98 days.
:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added November 19th, 2014 at 03:30 PM ----------

Oh no! Send me an email and we'll get your shipping costs refunded. :) diana@thebangwrangler.com

I ordered the Bangwrangler without the coupon! Blast it! I also order one of the hair care products mention in the post. I found the info very useful! Thanks everyone!

---------- Post added November 19th, 2014 at 03:32 PM ----------

Hey there! Sorry it took a while to respond on this. I personally have not used it in conjunction with a hood. However, we've heard from some happy California hood-wearing divers that it's worked great, and what's nice is you can keep it on between or after dives to keep hair under control before you get a chance to wash it out!

Hope you have a chance to try it out!

Diana

these look interesting. Would it cause any problems when trying to put a vest/hood on or would it keep in place? Hair has to be one of the most annoying aspects of diving

I have shoulder lenght hair with bangs and I wear a hood - even in warm water diving where I'm otherwise diving in shorts & rashguard I wear a thin 1mm hood, just to keep my hair outof my face. Looks ridiculous (shorts+hood, lol) but works very well. I found that a bandana/buff/headband comes off when I'm taking my mask off, which happens a lot because I have to demonstrate to students. And to demonstrate mask removal - bandana removal - no mask breathing - bandana replacement - mask replacement and then re-adjusting the bandana and clearing the mask....well, that just might unneccesarily complicate the skill a bit :wink:

---------- Post added November 25th, 2014 at 12:03 PM ----------

I also find that wearing a hood when teaching in the pool under sunlight prevents my hair a bit from bleaching even further (I used to have reddish brown hair and am now suddenly a natural blonde...) although it is still exposed to chlorine and salt. And sun on the boat of course.

ScubaBoard, that makes perfect sense for you. I have oops wear a little beanie hood like that from time to time but usually because i want to be a bit warmer. Had to poke a couple of holes in it though as it had a tendencies to want to lift off the crown of my head. And as little as it is, I'd still swear it messes with my buoyancy a bit. :D

Lately, have taken to wearing these cloth headband type thingies. Don't help my hair much but keep my hair and forehead sunfree. They're made in Indonesia but I've been buying them in Belize. Cost about seven dollars at the airport gift shops.
I Need to order from theBangWrangler folks.

What a useful discussion! I'm usually happy to put up with my hair getting hopelessly frizzy after diving, but it being in my face (or rather between my face and my mask) during diving is a real pain. As are mask leaks it causes. Just ordered the Bang Wrangler, let's see how it works.
Thanks for the coupon!

I recently got back from a Thanksgiving diving trip, and purchased a 5 pack before we went. The Bang Wrangler worked awesome! I have hair that is just about "mermaid" length with long bangs. I found french braid + Bang Wrangler is the perfect combo to keep my hair out of my mask and from tangling around everything. Works great out of the water too, I've been using them when I go to the gym as well.

I even gave one to a friend of mine who is really into Crossfit. She loves it, and texted me this morning that she bought two more!

I just did five days of diving wearing the Bang Wrangler and wanted to provide feedback - bangs totally wrangled. Not a single mask leak! I used to get at least a couple every dive. Very comfy to wear too!

Hi All:

I have long hair and am extremely tender headed. After my first live-a-board trip I wanted to quit diving. My hair was so tangled even with a braid in it. I came across a DanglerDetangler and ordered one. I think it was 18 bucks with free shipping. I have the bang wrangler and that works great for keeping my hair out of my face but I was having trouble with my hair tangling even under a hood. Now, I just make a pony tail with the DanglerDetangler and then turn that into a braid and snap the buttons. I don't take it of till the end of the dive day and my hair is easy as pie to comb. Highly recommend it. I also am able to use it on my motorcycle, my bicycle on on the boat in general. Anything that usually would leave me in tears to comb is now easy and not traumatizing lol. check it out.

The innovative new hair accessory for active lives and long untangled hair - DanglerDtangler

I have been using a neoprene hair glove for swimming, surfing, motorcycle riding (street & dirt), driving the convertible, and now diving. Over the years I have had hair as long as 3 feet. I LOVE it. It stays put, holds my hair in place, and I am not tackling a tangled mess when I take it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom