Death in the family

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

superstar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My beloved US Divers aluminum 80 died at the hydro shop. He was born in October of 1972. He lived a good long productive life but succumbed to the deadly 6351 alloy disease. He is survived by his little sister Dacor 50, His half brother Pony Bottle, and twin cousins LP Worthington Steels. I could not bear to see his body delivered to Rag and Metal for a mass cremation ceremony so I built a "Shrine of Rememberance" for him in the basement. Now he illuminates us with happy thoughts of the past and present.

Attachments

• PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 128
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 101
  • PICT0003 (2).JPG
    PICT0003 (2).JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 102
I have an old Walter Kidde that I retired before it failed. It was just getting too hard to find anyone to fill it anyway. I want to make a lamp out of it, too.

I realize some might consider this question insensitive, but what was the cause of death.

I know this isn't the Passings Forum, but I'm going to break the rules and will say that My condolences go out to you and your family. RIP al801972. Tanks for the memories....

Last edited:
I realize some might consider this question insensitive, but what was the cause of death.

I did not see the coroners report as he was not there the day I picked up the deceased. I frequent the welding supply shop often so I should learn the results soon. I will post them.

I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you. A shrine is most appropriate. I hope I never have to experience the loss of one of my 6061s.

man-crying-praying.jpg

The lamp is awesome. Very inspiring. Now I know that my 19cft pony will have an afterlife on my night stand when the time comes.

Awesome shrine to probably a ton of memories.

That lampshade is DA BOMB! I want one (or two)!...details on how to get one would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom