Dec. 7, 2008 Ten Mile and Clover Point photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am I the only person who hasn't seen a Grunt Sculpin yet?

What are they like to photograph? Skittish?

Nice shots.

Am I the only person who hasn't seen a Grunt Sculpin yet?

What are they like to photograph? Skittish?

Nice shots.

I remember the 1st one I saw was at Whytecliff just scooting around on the sand. Judging by the ones I've taken photos of, they don't seem to be that freaked out by my camera coming close. They do seem to be constantly moving around, like they have coffee jitters or something, but they seem to stay within a 6"-1' square area.

I missed your Lumpsucker shot. Nice find.

I saw my first one on my very first open water dive. This weird golf ball sized fish that couldn't swim worth a damn was puttering around in the open water. I followed it and after a while decided to trap it in cupped hands and take it to my instructor.

When I released it in front of the instructor he acted really weird but I figured whatever it's only a round fish. On the shore he was flipping out saying he had never seen one in 100's of dives and couldn't believe I found one on my first.

I didn't see another one for ten years. When I did I spend most of my air taking photos of it.

Looking forward to finding a Grunt Sculpin.

That lumpsucker must have been the tiniest one I've ever seen. -Probably about the size of a pinkie finger nail. I don't see them very often either, but I suspect if I spent more time looking at all the little stuff on blades of kelp, I'd see them more often.

Love grunt sculpins!

I remember seeing 2 in the same dive at Whitecliff once. They're great

Nice pictures as always :)

Very nice ... and where is Clover Point? Those shots are beautiful, I'd like to dive there sometime.

I've dived Ten Mile Point and always wondered (given that y'all up there use the metric system) how it got its name ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've dived Ten Mile Point and always wondered (given that y'all up there use the metric system) how it got its name ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We adopted the metric system in the 1970s so that's the reason and old guys like me are more comfortable with imperial system:D Also it sound better than 22 Km point.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom