Decent Dive center in Bangkok Until dive master? any recommandation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_City Boys

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I will be coming to Bangkok for early next month for nearly 3 months stay (I prefer not to go southern islands for few reasons, may be pattaya for achiving needed # logged dives only).

I will be doing:
-OW
-AOW
-EFR
-Rescue
-3 needed espciality dives
-divemaster

Now, The course package should include:

1-Easy access to large swiming pool and free trainging for PADI swiming skills (i'm not good swimer)

2-include at least 60 logged dives

3-Include having all padi reading materials for myself and rental equipment free ( i prefer to buy my own equipment :)

what would be ideal price for each course indivitualy and whole package?

Also tell me if i have left out any important point that should include my course?

Please feel free to Post here, or PM/messenger me
Thank you

I have dived twice in phuket discover scuba diving racha yai island, and feel i have become obbessed with it. Meantime having divemaster, i believe you will have chance to dive for free

I don't know why you come to conclustion that i haven't dive before, anyhow Kindly refrain from any off-topic discussion. Thank you for your understanding :)

Diver_City Boys:
I have dived twice in phuket discover scuba diving racha yai island, and feel i have become obbessed with it. Meantime having divemaster, i believe you will have chance to dive for free

I don't know why you come to conclustion that i haven't dive before, anyhow Kindly refrain from any off-topic discussion. Thank you for your understanding :)
Actually, it is on topic.
As you want to take a OW class it is fair to assume you have not yet dived.

The reason for asking this was for your benefit, not mine. Feel free to read through the many threads here discussing rushed goals to become divemaster :)

MoonWrasse:
Actually, it is on topic.
As you want to take a OW class it is fair to assume you have not yet dived.

The reason for asking this was for your benefit, not mine. Feel free to read through the many threads here discussing rushed goals to become divemaster :)

I second what MoonWrasse has said about rushing into a complete package before getting to first base. I also feel it was a fair assumption MoonWrasse made. If you are not at Open Water stage yet then you haven't really 'dived' to a level that would help you understand what is involved.

Buying a package straight through from OW to DM would be a mistake wherever you do it in my opinion as you would not even know whether you have the aptitude and capability. It would be like deciding to become a driving instructor before you had driven a car.

Just my opinion - but I would do your OW and maybe Advanced OW before deciding whether to move on to Rescue and DM. Also you will then have a much better idea of what to look for in a dive centre for your other certifications.

Diver_City Boys:

Many divemasters do get to dive for free but if that is your goal you are going to have to do a lot of "free" dives to re-coup the initial expense. Also to get hired as a DM usually is reserved for experienced, mature individuals who are not just there for the freebies. They can be spotted a mile away.
You may have breathed underwater but you are not yet a diver. You should listen to the advice you receive on this board. There are many many years of experience represented here.

i agree with u guys it is not something that u cab just rush into firstly all u have done are a couple of dsd o.k technically diving but not if u no what i mean from the wotd go in ow right upto dive master it gets a lot more serious and i think that if u want to take ppl diving as a guide after 80 days of training u are mad i no that u ony have to have min 60 dives under your belt to get dm i did my dm with 700 dives under my belt(i work in a dive centre )go for experince do not rush into this so quick u will have ppls lives in your hands

skippy77:
go for experince do not rush into this so quick u will have ppls lives in your hands

You brought up very important point, having lack of both swiming and diving skills not only endanger others life but my own life also, and i know this

I am more intersted in swiming skills and may be free diving(i have scuba & freediver teacher now, he can free dive for 115 meters in swimming pool) meantime i am doing this for my own dive as free divemaster, not for taking others to dive, at least for the begining. But i can't do my course in Dubai, as i will be leaving to Thailand next month

Doesn't padi course material and nessecary logged dives cover teorical and practical experaince needed for one to self dive with few pro partner?

Diver_City Boys:
You brought up very important point, having lack of both swiming and diving skills not only endanger others life but my own life also, and i know this

I am more intersted in swiming skills and may be free diving(i have scuba & freediver teacher now, he can free dive for 115 meters in swimming pool) meantime i am doing this for my own dive as free divemaster, not for taking others to dive, at least for the begining. But i can't do my course in Dubai, as i will be leaving to Thailand next month

Doesn't padi course material and nessecary logged dives cover teorical and practical experaince needed for one to self dive with few pro partner?

Thats a pretty deep swimming pool you got there. As for your career as a divemaster I'd recomend you take things step by step, and gain some valuable experience. Yes the courses you'll take leading up to your dive master cert will give enough knowledge and experience to get a card that says your a divemaster on it. However if you think your qualified to lead others diving(and thats generally how you get to dive for free) your sorely mistaken. This post and the others that have preceded it might be harsh but so can diving and the inherent dangers that exist within the sport.

Remember one thing: All that diving stuff is just about pleasure. And to be realistic, at that precise moment you're a virgin. The better thing for you (just like everybody ) is to come back to the idea of pleasure and to take the time to discover and yourself, and your partner ( the sea ). After a certain amount of dives, you will have face too strong currents, lost yourself; lost your buddy; lost a fin or your mask; jump in the water without your belt; had a big leak; a broken BCD etc etc ( including Cross an unfriendly shark, share your tank with a really nervous - and fresh - OW that dont want to respect any safety stop ) .
That's what experience is all about. To be able to face troubles. yours or not. DM is just a plastic card. So, practice, enjoy, read, study, dive and dive again and try to learn from every dive and every divers.
At one point you will know that you can try to get the plastic card. It's not a question of money or number of dives.
Remember: pleasure!
And stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom