Decent Dive center in Bangkok Until dive master? any recommandation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's no such thing as a free lunch. Divemasters work very hard so diving for free isn't really accurate. You'll enjoy your dives better if you only look at the fish.

Learn to dive (get certified properly), then spend your divemaster fees on more diving. You can get a lot of fun dives in for that price and you won't have any pressures or responsibilities. Do your divemaster course after you have a few years and many dives experience.

vertaqua:
Thats a pretty deep swimming pool you got there. As for your career as a divemaster I'd recomend you take things step by step, and gain some valuable experience. Yes the courses you'll take leading up to your dive master cert will give enough knowledge and experience to get a card that says your a divemaster on it. However if you think your qualified to lead others diving(and thats generally how you get to dive for free) your sorely mistaken. This post and the others that have preceded it might be harsh but so can diving and the inherent dangers that exist within the sport.

The swiming pool is 4 meter depth only, free diving doesn't mean necessarily you have to dive verticaly deep into water depth. He swims 110 meter horizentaly (not on the surface), and without taking any single breath

Do we have any free divers in this forum?

Thaidiver:
hey DCB getting back to your original question check out Planet Scuba they have been around a long time at www.planetscuba.net
666 Sukhumvit Road, Near Sukhumvit Soi 24, Bangkok, Thailand, 10110
Tel.: +66(0)2 261-4412 , +66(0)2 261-4413 Fax: +66(0)2 261-4414
Email: info@planetscuba.net

Thank you for infos, your site has usual staff found in any other diving site and i appricate if you can accomdate me with little more custom-made arrangements that i am requiring

i agree with every thing u said there almost what i said just in a diffrent way u will face a lot of problems on the way to dive master like this guy said dive master is a card u need the eperience to back that up i am going to do instructor when i feel comfatarble maybe in another 1000+ dives i want the experience so plz go for the experience first

All the replies you got are exactly want you're asking for: custom-made answers. And it's because they are, that you have so much answers saying: Do not think for the moment to that DM thing. Maybe you should try to begin thinking about it.
That will be my second ( and last ) custom-made answer.

Ps I m quite 200 log dives ( wich is quite nothing ); with a steel tank and a 5 mm wet suit i don't use weights, the deepest i've been is 200 feet; my longest dive is close to 2 hours, i never think about getting the DM card. I probably never will. but i'm nitrox certified. Guess why?

I would second PlanetScuba for Bangkok also. IMHO the most established of the Bangkok operations with a sterling pedigree (btw they also run the diving at the Bangkok Aquarium). Mermaids also have an operation in Bangkok which runs in conjunction with their main operation in Pattaya I think, I know mermaids/PJ scuba offer the internship package. Larrys Dive are also well established and regarded in Bangkok.

Re diving elsewhere to get dives - you are going to have to do this as there is no sea in Bangkok. Most Bangkok operators run weekends in Pattaya for open water dives. The bigger ones can also offer this through the other locations (Koh Tao, Samui, Phuket) also which is an advantage.

You are going to have to do sometime in the week picking up dives also as you will pushing to get all your dives 60+ completed in 3 month over weekends (3 months = 12 weekends x 2 day dives x 3 dives per day - 2 weekends for illness = 60 dives)

For any special requirements just email the dive shops - all can provide you what you need, they may not offer it on their sites as a package but its all bread and butter for them.

Thanks whitehead for recommandation, more questions:

What are sterling pedigree and bangkok Aquarium?

Isn't plantscuba just a dive center, not high rated outlet? I was thinking to go with CDC centers like Mermaids or DiveAsia (in phuket), does it realy makes much differnace with regards to power and Legitamcy of your ceritification with whome you do it in recreational diving industry?

I was checking mermaid in Padi website, i didn't see them having any outlet in Bangkok?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom