Deco gas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junior diver

Reaction score
is 36% high enough for a deco gas, taking the nitrox course next year along with extended range so is 36% high enough for dec gas or will i need to do a more advanced course for it, no i am not stupid enough to use 36% when im on extended range dives

I think that if you have the experience and the training to be doing decompression dives then you will know the answer to this!

Jonathan

Hi Junior...
The short answer is yes, EAN36 is a fine deco gas, though rarely optimum - as is air or any other breathing mix. Indeed, we plan for deco on our bottom gas as an emergency "lost-gas" procedure in the planning process for any multi-gas dive.
However...
Your main concern for the next several years should be in the area of honing diving skills within the depth and time ranges recommended by your agency. These limits aren't there to "hold you back" but rather to protect you from the very real danger of doing some very real and permanent harm to your body's growth. Until your epiphyseal lines have completed their work - that is, your long bones have finished growing (another five to eight years) - you are at increased risk for permanent damage to those long bones should you ever get any bubbles there.
So concentrate on shallow short things. There is precious plenty to keep you challenged and busy until you've finished growing (not the least of which is patience), and doing so will make you a much, much better deep diver later.
Rick

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom