Deep 6 or MK19 Evo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NaCl H2O

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Want to put together another reg set.
Currently have a DIN Deep6 sig 1st & 2nd, with an excursion 2nd necklaced, spg and transmitter.
Never had a SP reg, the MK19 has my interest.
No cold water, but want sealed. Lots of saltwater exposure and sometimes my gear lives on the boat.

Would you get another Deep 6 or go SP?

I appreciate the service options for Deep 6 but have always had a tech do service so not worried about that.
May only use the transmitter on the new rig but want the option to have both.

Can I get the MK19 with a C370? SP site only has the MK11/C370. Will my lds let me combine them or buy online?

Will you be able to get both serviced at the same place? If not, that alone would drive me to a same brand selection.

Have your current Deep6 set not met your needs? Something not right? What do you want that isn't happening with the Deep6?

SP makes fantastic fantastic regulators, but the name carries a cost.

I have a bunch of SP regs, almost none bought new. I just won't spend for them....

I also have HOG and Deep6. They have served me (wife and daughter) well.

I have no idea if the pairings you seek are available. SP seems to limit the "mix and match"...

No issues at all with Deep 6.
This is Buddahsummer's fault! LOL
And somebody has put the double hose bug in me to....

I'm no regulator connoisseur just curious if the grass is greener on SP side.
Am okay with buying used as well.
But that does bring up another question. Find a good local tech or ship to one on this board?

I own two brands of regulators, but I can service them both myself (HOG and Deep 6). Over the years, I've owned and/or dived with most of the major brands (including Scubapro) but have found that I don't find an advantage that matters to me from any of them over Deep 6. Couple that with the price point, rate of turnaround if sending regs to them, and ability to service them as a consumer (not an advantage to you maybe) and it's the brand I recommend for most people.

I recommend MK19 with G260 and C370 as 0cto. If you want a MK19 with C370 as primary, you can still get that. SP makes the first and 2nds available à la carte so you can mix and match but higher cost than combo price.

I do like being able to order just the stages, my hoses are not standard lenghts.

I say stick with Deep6, but may be a little biased :wink:

Pretty easy to mix and match the SP first and second stages. I just ordered a MK19EVO and two S620Ti regulators. Had them at my door in less than one week.

why the c370? no real reason to switch unless if you want to go with the d420. the g260 is good but not substantially different.

Can I get the MK19 with a C370? SP site only has the MK11/C370.
What's going on over there?
the MK19 is sold here paired with either the C370,D420,G260, S600 or the S620TI.
The MK19 with either the C370 or the G260 are a bargain [here at $429 US and $495 US], even cheaper than paired with the MK17, which is very odd.

Back
Top Bottom