Deep 6 or MK19 Evo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would rather service my owk regulator set at $30. for first + second stage kits than having to take a take a class. By the way, what is the price of the class and where can I get a schedule of classes offered?

Well personally I had never taken a rebuild class.... so the class worked well for me. With it I can also service a slew of other regs. You don't have to take the class to buy parts from them either, it just has the added benefit of free parts. As long as someone has resonable experience with regs they said they would sell them no problem.

I have no idea what the price is nowadays, you'd have to reach out to @LandonL. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I believe they now offer it virtually as well.

Dive Gear Express sells rebranded versions of the Deep6 regs

Actually, our Signature series regulator line is only available through us, they are not rebranded for anyone else.

We did however OEM a value first/second combo for them initially, but we do not sell that first stage ourselves, and that second stage is available as part of our budget package as the Excursion second. There are significant differences in design, features, materials, etc between the Signature and Excursion lines.

what is the price of the class and where can I get a schedule of classes offered?

In general I schedule a class when I can get a few people to align on the time. Either virtual or in person, at the warehouse, or in South FL. Bert also teaches at the warehouse on request. I teach one roughly every month, more or less. I charge $350. The course is typically done in one long day, or split over two afternoons.

The price varies by instructor, as does the schedule, as it is a TDI specialty course. @rsingler for example is setup for teaching the course as well, and is an excellent instructor since he literally wrote the book (service manual).

Hope this helps!
- Landon

Chinese copies on AliExpress.
Yeah, looked at those, I try to bypass the Chinese tools [and most of their other knockoffs].

And, if you type in 'Splined Wrench for Scubapro' on Aliexpress you first get women in underwear :oops: Lost in Translation.

I've blabbed here on SB before but I started with Dive Rite regs for recreational diving.

When I started my AN/DP course, I bought some of the entry level DGX / Deep 6 regulators (pre-Excursion days) for my deco bottles. The DGX / Deep 6 regs breathed so much better that I rotated the Dive Rites to deco duty and the Deep 6 regs moved up to back gas duty.

When I got back to the US, I pure fleeted with Deep 6 Signature regs for backgas and moved the DGX / Deep 6 back to deco duty.

The original Dive Rite regs have stepped down to my recreational kit and one of the first stages is on an AL80 for compressed air at motorcycle tracks.

In general I schedule a class when I can get a few people to align on the time. Either virtual or in person, at the warehouse, or in South FL. Bert also teaches at the warehouse on request. I teach one roughly every month, more or less. I charge $350. The course is typically done in one long day, or split over two afternoons.

Landon,

Please put me on the list.

Thanks

The price varies by instructor, as does the schedule, as it is a TDI specialty course. @rsingler for example is setup for teaching the course as well, and is an excellent instructor since he literally wrote the book (service manual).

@LandonL I'm considering getting some Deep6 regulators. I've done Rob's online regulator technician course - does that suffice for being able to get service kits, or is there a Deep6 customised course that I will also need to do?

@LandonL I'm considering getting some Deep6 regulators. I've done Rob's online regulator technician course - does that suffice for being able to get service kits, or is there a Deep6 customised course that I will also need to do?
Deep6 does not restrict the sale of parts kits

I love my Deep 6 regs!! I used to own Dive Rite regs and got rid of them for my Deep 6. I have mine setup for SM currently and hate changing the reg config so I need to get a BM set and a couple of deco regs as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom