Deep 6 or MK19 Evo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’d stick with the same reg for the sake of maintenance and continuity of performance characteristics.

Want to put together another reg set.
Currently have a DIN Deep6 sig 1st & 2nd, with an excursion 2nd necklaced, spg and transmitter.
Never had a SP reg, the MK19 has my interest.
No cold water, but want sealed. Lots of saltwater exposure and sometimes my gear lives on the boat.

Would you get another Deep 6 or go SP?

I appreciate the service options for Deep 6 but have always had a tech do service so not worried about that.
May only use the transmitter on the new rig but want the option to have both.

Can I get the MK19 with a C370? SP site only has the MK11/C370. Will my lds let me combine them or buy online?
Personally I would stay with Deep6, especially because @LandonL is based in South Florida as well so you won't get any better service than the guy who runs the company....

I had to buy a special scubapro tool yesterday, lent it to someone on the never never plan I will call it, never to be seen again, never to be returned.
A crime? I can only believe in karma.
Deleted the rest of the post, too rude, and I am now 'over it' .:acclaim:
A simple tool but a good one "Splined Wrench for Scubapro".

I hate that, making an extra effort for another person and then they take and do not give back. Cannot let it change you :). It is the price of being a good person.

Dive Gear Express sells rebranded versions of the Deep6 regs and stock service kits they sell to anyone at a very reasonable price. I bought one of their Gears D6 second stages as a safe second and the service was terrific.

Dive Gear Express sells rebranded versions of the Deep6 regs and stock service kits they sell to anyone at a very reasonable price. I bought one of their Gears D6 second stages as a safe second and the service was terrific.
True but they don't include the 1st service, or free parts for life if you take the class.

Deep 6 is a far better "most bang for your buck" compared to any other reg out there when you add all that in.

The fact that they respond personally on here and elsewhere to the end user is a thick layer of icing on the cake (might actually be part of the cake.. )

I have a mixed setup of Deep6 firsts and S600/S620ti seconds.

I really like the turreted sealed first stages! The seconds performed great but I didn't like two things about them. I took them off my backmounts but will continue using them for deco bottles because there's nothing wrong with them per se.

a.) The purge button on the D6 is a little tooooo large and can get pressed in and freeflow during a quick push; the button kind of wedges itself in around the edge. Might be a useful to sell an optional cover with a smaller button area like SP or some of the Apeks?

b.) the predive venturi lever is completely seized up on both seconds. Not that I feel I need to use them; the main adjuster does everything you need. Just feedback for product development. Regs soaked overnight or until next dive in freshwater after every dive.

True but they don't include the 1st service, or free parts for life if you take the class.

Deep 6 is a far better "most bang for your buck" compared to any other reg out there when you add all that in.

The fact that they respond personally on here and elsewhere to the end user is a thick layer of icing on the cake (might actually be part of the cake.. )
I would rather service my owk regulator set at $30. for first + second stage kits than having to take a take a class. By the way, what is the price of the class and where can I get a schedule of classes offered?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom