Deep Air - Here we go again....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good words. I believe I read somewhere where your typical END limit is about 120ft which corresponds with mine. I admit to coming into the thread late not having read all posts. Thanks for responding...

it's probably for the best

...how much would it cost me to be certified to use trimix through GUE or UTD (as I'm sure the other agencies are worthless :wink: )? I'm PADI AOW now:
At IDC it will cost me
GUE-F $850CAD
Recreational Triox $1600CAD
So, sans the actual fill, it will cost me $2450 to dive to recreational depths on He via GUE. I've been told UTD will get me there for about $900 which is a lot more palatable to a mostly recreational diver who wants the benefits of He at depth but still, not just a few bucks.
You have to also add the cost of equipment like the isolator manifold, tank bands, maybe even larger capacity steel cylinders. I highly doubt they'll take you in with independent Al80 doubles. You'll probably be pushed to get a canister light as well. Thus I'd speculate you're into well over 3 grand.

you gotta pay to play.
or just do it on a single 80 on air...

As long as the dive is done within the scope of experience/training of the dive team and they are aware and accepting of the risks involved.

...and isn't at a site that can get closed

You can hope for whatever you'd like. As long as there's no SCUBA Police, a certified diver chooses his own path without any restrictions on their freedom. :)

...and isn't at a site that can get closed

Sites get closed for all kinds of reasons ... we've lost a few around here to development and/or local politics ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You can alternatively use the 3 grand to put a down payment on a nice diving boat. Use the money you would pay for 25/25 or 21/35 fills to cover boat operation, maintenance costs and boat loan payments.

Yes, you got to pay to play -- some may think it nickel rocketing, I'd think it's just a better allocation of resources that will widen your playing field. A dive to 110' does not have to be treated as if you're mounting a moon landing mission. It really is no big deal.

Dale, just let me know when you get the boat. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom