Deep Blue Divers (aka Red Baron Divers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Newbie_Doo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I certainly wished I lived in the Caymans b/c I'd love to have these guys as my LDS (but from what I've heard, it's difficult to become a Caymanian).

My wife and I did our open water referrals with Deep Blue Divers a couple of weeks ago and we both want to give them a ringing endorsement.

Nick, Patrick & Rick, the "ICK" brothers as we referred to them, are a laid-back crew, unlike some of their NYC counterparts. Although they have few rules and have fun, they do stress safety and eco-management of the marine parks. Their small groups made us feel personal and welcome. The guides made sure everyone was on the same page, pointed out what to see underwater and since I seemed to have consumed air much faster than anyone else - always had "my back".

Rick, our primary instructor, was patient and friendly; he picked us up at our condo promptly every morning. Patrick gave a complementary 20-minute class on underwater photography with our point-&-shoot. And Nick was so relaxing that we felt that we could have left without paying, which is so true to their motto:

"Relax Under Pressure"

I believe because Nick was able to get his permanent residency, there was no longer a need for a Caymanian silent partner. New company, new name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom