Deep descent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finished it a couple days ago. I've now started reading Fatal Depth.

Deep Descent was a great book. Brings a certain reality to me as a fairly new diver.

Just put "Dark Descent", "Dive to an Era", "Caverns Measureless to Man", and "Fatal Depth" to my Amazon order.

Thanks!

Just put "Dark Descent", "Dive to an Era", "Caverns Measureless to Man", and "Fatal Depth" to my Amazon order.

Thanks!

I have only read the first two (which were both good), but if you haven't already read them, two other cracking diver-related reads are:
  • Shadow Divers (Robert Kurson), and
  • Diving Into Darkness (Phillip Finch).

A number of these titles have shown up in iBooks already for those who want to read them instantly.

A nice read, but "The Last Dive" is better. Some parts describe the same stories as in "The Last Dive", but with some differences.
Crazy deep diving, fun for divers, but don't show it to non-diving relatives as they might think the stories in the book are normal diving praxis.

Safe Diving!
Vrakis

Deep Descent
by Kevin F. Mcmurray
Pub. Date: July 2002
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
Format: Paperback, 322pp
Sales Rank: 75,267
ISBN-13: 9780743400633
ISBN: 0743400631
Edition Description: Reprint

I have never been a big reader but i had a hard time setting this book down. Its about the Andrea Doria that was hit by another ship and sank. it a great read and i plan on reading it again.

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to also comment on Deep Descent. I thought that Kevin McMurray did an excellent job showing the danger, bravery, accomplishments, deaths, and the majesty of the Andrea Doria. Once I began this book I couldn't put it down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom