Deep Sea Detectives, July 19 show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyfotodiver:
Just watched the show. I liked it. There was a lot of emphasis placed on the training that an experienced open-water an wreck diver went through to do these dives.

Bravo!
What seemed a bit strange was that he came out of the water and then the next shot of him was climbing the highest pyramid on the island. Or does diving with the rebreathers make altitude unimportant afterwards :06:

Don't ever, EVER watch Deep Sea detectives looking for "good dive practices."

My favourite was when Chatterton and Richie Koehler were doing the Doria. Chatterton was going to penetrate solo, and if he ran into trouble, he'd just flash his light.

Uh huh.

I saw it too.

I guess they make these shows for non-divers but if I was making a tv show about cave diving I'd put at least one person on film who looked like they knew how.

I suppose I'm a bit of a purist and a little over critical given that it's a cartoon and all but it really was the absolute sloppiest cave technique that I've ever witnessed...in person or on the boob tube. Fins going this way and that...doing a half modified flutter combined with a half scissor kick (nothing that's taught in any cave or even caver class...knees WAY down.

Oh well if we drag the top down a bunch than the bottom won't look so bad huh?

It's only tv...it's only tv...it's only tv...

Boogie711:

My favourite was when Chatterton and Richie Koehler were doing the Doria. Chatterton was going to penetrate solo, and if he ran into trouble, he'd just flash his light.

Uh huh.

Go into the light...

My favorite part:

"When diving a shipwreck, you are constantly in touch with the wreck itself. but in cave diving, you never place your hands anywhere"

While they are on their knees and standing on the bottom to turn around....

Spectre:
My favorite part:

"When diving a shipwreck, you are constantly in touch with the wreck itself. but in cave diving, you never place your hands anywhere"

Thats a good one. I guess it depends who you dive with. I was in wreck once and one of my decompression bottles snagged a barrel slat that was part of the cargo. When it did a LITTLE poof of silt came up. I still haven't heard the end of it. LOL

Boogie711:
You know what's really bizarre? Try explaining to an American that the CRTC ... won't allow Fox News in.

You should be thankful. Fair and balanced indeed. :D

Marc

Boogie711:

Uh huh.

So a good rule would be never dive with anyone who is named Chatterton! :D

"Can you hear me now? Gooood!"

My favorite: ramming the rebar into the ceiling! Now there's a great message to send out. I can imagine every legit Cave Instr screaming about that lesson.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom