Deep Sea Detectives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rawls

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Unfortunately The History Channel has chosen not to run another season of Deep Sea Detectives. Some people have liked it and others have not, but the bottom line is it was a show about diving and I will miss it. Thanks to all at DSD...

I liked that show also. I hadn't heard it wasn't coming back in the fall. I wish they had done a lot more diving and a lot less talking. They could have easily made that a half hour show if they didn't repeat everything so much.

But I like John and Ritchie. I also think it would have been much more interesting if they would have discussed more about the gear configurations and the details of the paticular dives but then I guess that would only appeal to the relatively small "diving" population and not the larger audience.

I will miss the show too.

WVDiver:
I also think it would have been much more interesting if they would have discussed more about the gear configurations and the details of the paticular dives but then I guess that would only appeal to the relatively small "diving" population and not the larger audience.

I will miss the show too.

I agree with you, I liked the show because of the diving and I would have loved more than just the occasional reference to "my new rebreather" or similar things. However, it is the History channel, not the diving channel so I can certainly understand the concept of producing a show for non-divers that includes diving rather than a diving show that would appeal to a pretty narrow group of people.

Still, I will miss it.

Hope John and Ritchie come up with another vehicle soon.

Jeff

Don't know if the history channel in the U.S. covers them but up here in Canada we get the Sea Hunters as well. Lots more diving, less talk, very popular show, but they are also pulling the TV plug....Ugh

Deep Sea guys would of had a much better show if they stopped the Chat and just got to the diving...I think the later shows were better, too bad they are gone as well

I understand that one of our fellow ScubaBoardians is busy shooting for a new series... something about Treasure Hunting. Should be cool.

However, I will miss John and Ritchie as well.

I really liked the show but do agree I wish they did more diving and less talking. Maybe a new show will come out of it...spin-off maybe?

Bummer, I really liked that program. I've purchased the first of their DVD mags and will likely get my DSD fix from looking at them, over and over. It's not the same, I know, but it may help.

I agree with you guys. I like the show but the "repeating" of stuff after each commercial break got real boring. I guess it was to get you caught up in case you "just tuned in".

I also agree that I think a show about how they use their gear for the show would be a big hit. One where they go over the rebreather they use and why they use it for certain dives.

Seeing how it's about the only US based dive show, I'll miss it.

There was a show puton by Scuba Diving magazine a couple years ago. I think it came on OLN (Outdoor Life Network). It was a very poor production and looked like it was shot with a home VHS camera and edited using two Wal-mart VCR's, but the underwater portions were good and it was still a show about diving, so I still watched it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom