Deep Sea Detectives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rawls:
It's worth it just to see John eat a raw scallop, then Ritchie gave him this kind of...You didn't just eat a raw scallop look. He hesitated then popped one in himself:)
I'm sure they will get it fixed. Alot more lighthearted and good topics....

I once ate a raw scallop underwater! Man was it salty.

I only watched the show a couple of times. When I first heard about it I had just finished reading Shadow Divers. I thought, hey, what a great idea for a show. Then I watched it. After two episodes I stopped looking for it. I got bored. Maybe because I'm not a wreck diver. However, it's a shame it got canceled.

I recently read that the Movie is in production. It's going to be produced by Ridley Scott of "Gladiator" "and Blackhawk Down" fame. Chatterton himself said that the movie will closely follow the book. Which is good! I just hope they don't do the typical Hollywood embelishment by adding a bunch shark attacks, explosions, etc. If the story is good (which the real story is...) a movie doesn't need the flash that hollywood depends on now a days. I hate movies that are all special effect and no substance... I'll take a good story over explosions everytime.

It's schedued to be released late 2007 or 2008.

2006GTDiver:
I recently read that the Movie is in production. It's going to be produced by Ridley Scott of "Gladiator" "and Blackhawk Down" fame. Chatterton himself said that the movie will closely follow the book. Which is good! I just hope they don't do the typical Hollywood embelishment by adding a bunch shark attacks, explosions, etc. If the story is good (which the real story is...) a movie doesn't need the flash that hollywood depends on now a days. I hate movies that are all special effect and no substance... I'll take a good story over explosions everytime.

It's schedued to be released late 2007 or 2008.

This is cool. Where did you read this information?

I worked on the Guam Tokai/Cormoran show. John waas a blast to work with. I wish I could show you the outtakes, I have all the footage!

I agree that for divers it could have been be much more interesting but the rest of the world would get bored.

Today, I will dive the Cormoran and photograph the proof of how it went down. Case solved!

cheers

I viewed the first issue of the new DVD series and found it more recreationally oriented that Deep Sea Detectives. With the exception of the blue hole dive, all the dives were recreational travelogs and I was a bit disappointed. I could have done without the Chicago dive show, the Aquarius habitat and the interview with Stan Waterman, although I did enjoy the interview with Evie Dudas.

During the blue hole dive, the cameraman had a problem with an imploded bouyancy device attached to his camera which filled with water and then he couldn't overcome the negative bouyancy because his wing had a leak. It wasn't clear to me how they resolved the issue. On the 2nd blue hole dive (max depth 365 feet), all the divers appeared to be struggling with their bouyancy and silted the bottom. There is really no reason to go there as they bottom was featureless and barren. Although, they discussed some of the planning that went into this dive, they didn't get into the details.

If you're looking for wreck diving with a lot of detail in the execution, this video will be disappointing.

NetDoc:
I understand that one of our fellow ScubaBoardians is busy shooting for a new series... something about Treasure Hunting. Should be cool.

Any more news on this alleged show?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom