Deep Sea Supply BP/W, stainless, small plate, 26 lb wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubamikey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought two different BCs for my girlfriend (she picked them out), and she does not want either one. I just listed the first one (Mares Pegasus), this one is a stainless steel backplate and wing setup from Deep Sea Supply. It has a size small backplate, 26 lb wing and basic Hog harness. She swam on the surface (fresh water) with this for about 20 minutes but it's just not for her (she doesn't want to use the weight belt). I use the same setup from Deep Sea Supply and I love it. They are $475 shipped new, so I'll ask $415 shipped or best offer. It looks like new in every way.

It looks like this, I can get you an original photo but theirs is better:

rebreather.gif

Here's a link to DSS:

https://www.deepseasupply.com/

Perhaps your girlfriend should try out a DUI Weight & Trim harness. One of my dive buddies uses this exact configuration (DSS BP/W + DUI W/T). It works very well for her.

Also, to give a BCD a fair try, one has to actually dive with it. Maybe your gf should try it out beneath the surface of the water.

Good luck with the sale (or whatever you decide to do)...

Perhaps your girlfriend should try out a DUI Weight & Trim harness. One of my dive buddies uses this exact configuration (DSS BP/W + DUI W/T). It works very well for her.

Also, to give a BCD a fair try, one has to actually dive with it. Maybe your gf should try it out beneath the surface of the water.

Good luck with the sale (or whatever you decide to do)...

Good suggestions.

While the DUI harness looks good, she basically has no room to put weights between the bottom of the rig and the top of her hips. Without being able to try on weights, she could not get beneath the water. As for the other BC I'm selling (Mares Pegasus), she was comparing that to other BCs at the time, so it only took her 5 minutes to decide she liked other BCs better (overall fit). Unfortunately I already owned the Pegasus.

Finally, this all happened when she was my girlfriend and she's not anymore, so I have a full set of gear to sell or give away. A nice DIR setup, Zeagle Flathead reg, etc.

giving...... If you are going to give away her gear, My girl friend was certified but cannot afford to buy any nice gear. I would be wiling to help her but i am not rich. I would be willing to pay something for her gear plus shipping to Seattle. As well I you ever make it to Seattle I would give you a place to stay for free and feed you as well as show you some cool dive spots here.Did I mention the large octapie we have here. well if you are lucky enough to see a really big one.

Keep the BP/W and have her use a steel tank instead.
She won't need a weight belt.

While the DUI harness looks good, she basically has no room to put weights between the bottom of the rig and the top of her hips. Without being able to try on weights, she could not get beneath the water.
The DUI W&T harness can be adjusted so that the weight is below the hips. In that position, the ditch handles protrude from beneath the waist strap.
Finally, this all happened when she was my girlfriend and she's not anymore, so I have a full set of gear to sell or give away. A nice DIR setup, Zeagle Flathead reg, etc.
Oh, man. That sucks. I guess trying to make the gear "work" is not an option. Good luck.

I'm interested in the backplate and wing :) Finally, one with a smaller plate! I've sent you a PM with a couple of questions (not sure how your notifications are set up, so that's why I'm posting here as well).

B.

Good move B. You will not regret it and if you need any help head up my way and I'll help you set it up best I can for free. That's for your support this past month. Greatly appreciate it. Jim

Thanks Jim :)

I have a PM query in to the seller because I don't know how "tall" the DSS small plate is. (I looked on their website but did not see the dimension.) It's hard to imagine that there's one that's too short, after all my hunting for a jacket BC that was short enough (in the past), but I'd like to know the dimension.

I can't wait to have some of my own equipment to get set up!

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom