Deep Southern Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Has any one been diving around Shagra & Nakari Villages (Elphinstone, Abu Dabbab reefs) or Dive Camp Wadi Lahami (Fury Shoal, Qul'an Islands)?

Going to open a can of worms...........................

which is going to be the best for seeing sharks?

Any help would be greatly received!!!

plan on going some time towards end August, begining of September

cheers

clive

Elphinstone ... Hammerheads, mantas, Oceanics, dolphins, thresher shark, turtles.

All in three dives. then there is always the arch!

I worked in Egypt for a year as a manager for Emperor Divers nd did three back-to-back Deep south safaris with my company as a guide.
Yes it is oceanic white tips
The arch is about 65-75 metres deep, and it is allegedly the Elf's stone that was hidden from the devil. It is exactly the size and shape of a stone tomb, (4metres long, 2metres high and 3metres across) and you swim down one side and through the arch and then swim back up again.

I did about 60 dives in the deep south region in all.
we went as far as St Johns. The best after Elphinstone was Shaab Samadai (Dolphin house) Snorkelling with spinner dolphins for an hour and a half, twice on each trip!

If you want I can send you my stories on each of the trips, got loads of piccys as well

But it is the dog's fluffy bits!

Hi, taking a group of divers to Lahami Bay, off the fury shoal, where can I get some more infor on the dives.

Thanks

Alan J

Clive Francis, you might enjoy going to the Red Sea Explorers site and watching some of the videos they have there -- they show the arch at Elphinstone, and a very amusing shark encounter, among other things.

Elphinstone is without any doubt the best reef in Egypt for sharks, which is accesible by dayboat. Haven't been every year, but dived it regularly since 1997 and it has delivered sharks very consistently. Mostly grey reef sharks and whitetips, but also scalloped hammerheads during the summer (sometimes in small schools of 10-20 sharks) and a few times curious oceanic whitetips and also silvertips.

good luck

/christian

Hi, we must have been very lucky, only a slight drift, but 14 Oceanic White tips, you have to keep a very keen eye. Day boats from Emperor Divers , and Pioneer DIvers ribs.

Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom