Info Deep6 Excursion Upgrade Beta Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this (from Deep6's Nov 23, 2021 Facebook post) still the plan other than the release dates? It also said Tech Lite would be free to all owners and Trimix a $75 upgrade.

Tech Lite Firmware:
- User Defined Gradient Factors
- 3 Nitrox Gas Mixes (to 99%)
- Quick Gas Change Menu Underwater
- 3rd Party Application Support (MacDive, DiveLog.de, etc)
- Available December 2021

Expedition Trimix Firmware:
- Tech Lite Firmware Features, plus:
- Full Trimix OC/CC
- 10 Gas Mixes
- Fixed Set Point Diving (Closed Circuit Rebreather mode)
- Available January 2022

No, clearly. The dates were optimistic*. The specs still seem to be OK. 2022 was all beta testing. I have no official info, I'm just going by the various threads, especially the later posts that supercede any earlier posts, especially regarding dates.

*the dates may be accurate for availability to beta testers, but not to the general public.

from the SB thread of Thanksgiving sales:

1669998081124.png

What is the differentiator for this computer? I like Deep6 and I dive with their regs, but I don't see what this brings to the table that isn't already available at similar cost from the other manufacturers? I always like to see more entrants into a space, bringing innovation and lowering costs, but I don't see what sets this apart from the others available now.

A dc sub $400 that can do gas mixes and has user definable gf's?

If Landon’s responses are delayed, please know that he’s nose down in medical obligations but he’ll come up eventually.

A dc sub $400 that can do gas mixes and has user definable gf's?
That isn't apparent on their site. It still says nitrox computer with no mention of other gas mixes. As I said earlier, it makes more sense that being the case.

Posted to the website and Facebook now.

Posted to the website and Facebook now.
I'm an iPhone user, I've never downloaded or installed a 'Droid program. Really really easy, worked flawlessly. The new features are brilliant. Thank you Landon !!!!!

1670020357416.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom