• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Deep6 metric SPG and DIN to Yoke adapter

Discussion in 'Deep 6 Outfitters' started by divinh, Dec 11, 2017.

1. lowflyer

lowflyer Divemaster

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I agree with this opinion.
    I have used a DIN to yoke adapter on a week long trip, not a Deep6 adapter, though it looks the same. No problem. Depends a little on the configuration of the first stage, but even if it sticks out a bit and hits the back of your head, just lower the tank a very little bit in the tank bands. Should be no issue, IMO.

2. scbaNE2179

scbaNE2179 Barracuda

All user preference I guess, I just know I immediately hated the extra length. I just have my dive shop switch out DIN/Yoke each time. I just wish some of the Caribbean livaboards offer DIN valves instead of Yoke-it's a wish list but I have yet to see any boat that has dedicated DIN tanks.

3. Umuntu

Umuntu Divemaster

damaged HP swivel o-rings ?

4. lowflyer

lowflyer Divemaster

Don't know, but if there are o-rings in there, there's no way to see or get to them.

5. Umuntu

Umuntu Divemaster

The o-rings are on the swivel as shown. Either the hose is not tightened enough, or the o-rings are not sealing.

Attached Files:

6. rsingler

rsingler Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I'm sorry, but hose tightness is not a factor. The seal is via the o-rings. The lock nut could be loose in your fingers and the hose would still seal just fine. (It would of course be at risk for coming disconnected completely, but it wouldn't leak until at the last couple of threads on the fitting.)
    Leak sources could be the o-rings, scratched lands in the spool or swivel, a poor hose crimp to the swivel fitting, or a microscopic fault in the hose itself.
    A spool service is less than $10 at your shop. If that doesn't fix it, I'm sure Deep 6 will replace.

And the OP just demonstrated why new or old gear always deserves a test before packing it up for a trip.

Scuba J7 likes this.
  7. lowflyer

lowflyer Divemaster

This braided hose swivel pictured is different than the one from Deep6, and it looks like you are referring to the o-rings on the HP spool. That's not where the leak is.

8. Mr. Manfrenjensenden

Mr. Manfrenjensenden Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    The Juliet sails out of Miami over to the Bimini chain in the Bahamas, and they have convertible yoke/DIN valves. Neutral Aluminum 80s – now on board Juliet!