Deepest you've ever been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have hit about 90' but im not gonna lie you better be able to hold your breath like 3 minutes!!!

When I was in the BVI's last May I would regularly hit 30-40 feet. New fin is on the way from DiveR and when I go back someplace warm I want to hit deeper. I love free diving.

For those of you interested in increasing your ability, a freediving course is worth its weight in gold. Most of my students enter day one of training with the ability to dive 30 - 60 feet and hold their breaths 1 - 2 minutes. By day two of the course, they are doing 80 - 100 foot dives (most students attain 100) and doing breath holds greater than 3 minutes. Some students reach 4 or 5 minutes.

I have always wanted to do one. I remember reading that Dive Tech in Cayman teach a particularly good free diving course, and they managed to train Jessica Alba (for her role in Into the Blue) to hold her breath for nearly 6 minutes.

One day...

30 ft with a snorkel until I can feel the pressure start to push on my chest, been to 70' though but it was ridiculously horrible. With a tank I've been to 122'.

I have actually never tried seriously. When I take my asthma meds (I have mild asthma, have not had an attack in over 10 years during which I played high level football) I can hold my breath for about 2 minutes.
In a pool I have reached 36' (it was a bloody deep pool), diving off a 60' cliff into a quarry I have probably gone down about the same (swam down for the hell of it).

Back
Top Bottom