Dehydration - is it really *that* bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you think being dehydrated makes you dizzy, headachy and sleepy, wait until you try reading this text ; )

Seriously, it is an excellent tome for those with a good basic foundation in decompression theory and the motivation and tenacity to read it.

Regards,

DocVikingo

PS for Jax --- have you read and understood it cover to cover?

Dogs need to pant to thermoregulate, people sweat, very different mechanisms, very different hydration needs.

PS for Jax --- have you read and understood it cover to cover?

I have read it cover to cover twice.

I am still studying it, as each reading brings more understanding. The gradient factors were straight forward, but the bubble surface tension discussion, especially in how it relates to actual physiology, is not a visual yet. Once I get a visual, then I understand. :)

Of course, I have come to the realization that we have used a lot of empirical evidence to come up with tables and algorithms, that we feed to a computer to calculate to the nth degree, and come up with gas mixtures that are generally + / - 1%, measured by analyzers that are + / - 1%, in environments that are not consistent, and apply to an infinite number of physical make-ups.

In other words, one huge SWAG.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom