DEMA Bound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Fizz is staying at the Sahara, and will be in booth #4833. Spanish Main treasure Company Still not allowed to sell DVD'S of the "Treasure Divers" TV series, but come on by anyway. Fizz

Looking forward to meeting you and discussing all we have to offer the SCUBA industry. See you there.

Looking forward to seeing your booth and all of the technical products you are bringing to the market. Come support technical diver and explorer Wes Skiles who will be receiving a NOGI Award this year for Arts. Please join us at the 49th NOGI Awards Gala on the 23rd. Go to the 49th NOGI Awards Gala thread under Shows and Events for more details!

ScubaBoard Staff will be staying in a house about 2 miles from the convention! Some of them are flying in on Tuesday and I will start driving out tomorrow. Costs are a big factor here in Florida. Most shops I talked to simply won't be coming out for the show. They will wait another year for it to be back in Florida! I am wondering if we aren't seeing the birth of an East Coast/West Coast show because of this.

Costs are a big factor here in Florida. Most shops I talked to simply won't be coming out for the show. They will wait another year for it to be back in Florida! I am wondering if we aren't seeing the birth of an East Coast/West Coast show because of this.

Sure we are...but not just due to the recent economy.

A good number of our west coast dealers haven't been to the last 2 shows, and since the Florida people have been to the last two, they don't care about skipping this one and waiting until next year.

Back in the day, when DEMA was about manufacturers, people wanted and needed to go to DEMA in order to see all the latest stuff. Now you can sit at your computer and see everything almost in real time.

Dang, Pete...you are driving? I wouldn't wish that drive on anyone!!!

Hey, do you think you might have room to bring back a few boxes?? :eyebrow: :crafty: :rofl3:

Is DEMA switching back and forth every year?

They had said two years in Vegas then two years in Orlando.

ScubaBoard Staff will be staying in a house about 2 miles from the convention! Some of them are flying in on Tuesday and I will start driving out tomorrow. Costs are a big factor here in Florida. Most shops I talked to simply won't be coming out for the show. They will wait another year for it to be back in Florida! I am wondering if we aren't seeing the birth of an East Coast/West Coast show because of this.

From what I understand, it was only in Orlando two years straight due to scheduling conflicts in Vegas, and now will be moving back and forth between Orlando and Vegas every year.

My wife and I are flying out the 21st together for Seven days at Dema. Only wanted to stay about 5 but with our miles on the airline we used we had to stay seven days. Still came out a few hundred cheaper with the free flight. I think she paid about $ 130.00 for the room.

We just bought the only Coast Guard Certified Dive boat in the Tampa Bay area. We are certified to take out 14 divers but limit the trips to 12. If it is just people we are certified to take 22 people.

We work a LOT with the Dive shops because we are the ONLY boat that can take our 6-8 students along with a Instructor and dive master. The boat has a 12 foot beam so it is stable at anchor. I hope to hook up with the dive shops up north so they will book trips down to warm sunny Fla during the winter to get away from the snow, ice and cold. My wife built a web site for the new business. I have taught of this boat a lot over the years and the buiness has been around about 15 years. The web address is: Welcome to Tanks-A-Lot Dive Charters - Clearwater, Florida Scuba Diving Boat Charter. PLEASE check it out and tell me what you think of the site.

Will see you all there.

From what I understand, it was only in Orlando two years straight due to scheduling conflicts in Vegas, and now will be moving back and forth between Orlando and Vegas every year.
Actually Scott, it was going to have three homes: Vegas, Orlando and New Orleans. The latter was tanked due to hurricane damage, and as you said: Vegas was booked so it was twice in Orlando. It will now alternate between Vegas and Orlando until the PTB decide differently.

Well assuming (big assumption) that we're not still patching up from Hurricane Omar which is due to hit us as a Cat 2 later tonight, we'll be there from Monday through Saturday. Flights from the Virgin Islands weren't that bad, around $500. We're staying at the Riveria and used our own online travel agency to book the room for less than the DEMA or PADI Travel price, around $109 I think. So everyone say a little prayer for us to not get washed away (it's raining a couple of inches an hour right now but no winds yet) and we'll hopefully be partying it up with you next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom