DEMA Festival in Ft Lauderdale still on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm, Sherwood, TUSA, Waterproof, and Ocean Reef are the only scuba gear mfg's. Not a very good showing. They can't think this is a success so far?

Where are the boat mfg's, surfboard companies, and swimwear mfg's? Looks like a travel show with some fringe gear exhibitors as an after thought. And why all the Caribbean destinations? Why isn't the focus on Florida? I don't see any Keys operators or tourism representatives. Nothing there that attracts me or makes me want to attend.

Gonna seem awful empty if the current exhibitor list doesn't triple or quadruple. I still don't see any major mfg's there. And under their terms a dive computer is life support and can't be sold there? That's funny.

Really hope this happens!!!

I agree with less then "OH MY GOSH I NEED TO GO TO THIS SHOW" feeling going on, after checking out the line up on both shows. I was much more impressed with the "Blue Wild Open" show then DEMA and that is sad to me.

NOT that I have attended either show before, and yes I am super new to diving, but darn it all, I was so hopeful to see every company that deals with divers at both shows. However that being said, I do understand the shows are so close together, maybe some companies have commitments elsewhere and can only make it to one show.

so no regulators, SPG's, BCD, dive computers.

i'm still trying to figure out why...it's not like anyone requires certification to BUY gear and most places wont do fills w/o seeing your cert/knowing you. maybe they just don't want the liability? but wouldn't it be the vendor's liability?

1. Life Support Definition – Exhibitors are specifically prohibited from selling, distributing and taking orders for life support/safety equipment at the Festival. For the Festival “life support” will be defined as:

• Scuba diving and surface-supplied regulators or any part thereof
  • Closed or open circuit “rebreather” device or any part thereof
  • Scuba or dive related buoyancy control device (“BC&#8221:wink: or any part thereof
  • Electronic or mechanical diving “computer” or any part thereof, excluding so-called manual dive tables, manually-operated “dive calculators,” dive timers and free/breath-hold diving computers

The show may not be the largest, but there will be plenty of exhibitors. Being in Ft. Lauderdale in April ain't too bad no matter what. If you can arrive a few days early, the Air and Sea Show is in town. Nothing like watching the USAF Thunderbirds, and Navy FA-18 Hornets, buzzing the beach. In past years B-1 and the B-2 Stealth Bomber have appeared.

Around the show you can do some spectacular diving, and enjoy the best nightlife in the country.

Certainly beats the hell out of god awful Baltimore in January or Chicago in the middle of February.

Back
Top Bottom