DEMA- Understand the deficit of ETHICS of what we are dealing with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I don't have an issue with either venue. No, I don't particularly care for Vegas, but it is cheap. Both beat the heck out of Houston.

It would be one thing if DEMA invaded the city and did a SCUBA BLITZ while they were there. Then, moving the venue makes a lot of sense as it would be used as a real marketing tool. That would be too out of the box for them, I imagine.

If they did different cities and went on a "BLITZ", at that point adding a public component to it, in terms of open days for the public, makes real sense. Might have to go to a 5 day show to do it, that decision would have to be driven by the exhibitors I suspect.

If they did different cities and went on a "BLITZ", at that point adding a public component to it, in terms of open days for the public, makes real sense. Might have to go to a 5 day show to do it, that decision would have to be driven by the exhibitors I suspect.
They don't like change. The bottom is falling out on lots of retailers, and I don't think that they are that concerned.

They don't like change. The bottom is falling out on lots of retailers, and I don't think that they are that concerned.

Scuba retailers tend not to be business folks, they tend to love diving. By the end of this crunch, they'll be business folks, or they'll be back in IT. Or wherever it is they came from.

NetDoc,,,You gonna run for the seat?

I was asked to run, and I accepted. Somehow, I am not on the ballot. I try not to take these things personally, but I don't think that DEMA is ready for someone like me.

they went from 11-14K attendance to what, 8K or so.
Wow, we have far more people come to ScubaBoard each and every day than DEMA has for their entire show. :shocked2:

I think the venues for the show are fine- for the international attendees like myself Vegas is perfect and easy flight in inexpensive to stay. Orlando is also easy to connect to and plenty of places to stay. Also lots of things to do around the convention area. DEMA has some problems and hopefully we will get some people working from the inside for change.

I was asked to run, and I accepted. Somehow, I am not on the ballot. I try not to take these things personally, but I don't think that DEMA is ready for someone like me.

I have been told that this post here (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5051396-post389.html) was not in fact a nomination to run...it was a suggestion that I should conduct a write in campaign...lol. I suspect that was what was meant when you were asked to run as well, you were supposed to start conducting a write in campaign.

Why I still care is now beyond even me..but darn it I do!

Why I still care is now beyond even me..but darn it I do!
I don't. I have tried to help so many times only to be slapped in the face. Fortunately, DEMA has little if any influence on my ability to market ScubaBoard. If it ever turns into an obvious liability, I will be history. As it is: ScubaBoard supports a lot of Dive Shows in hope that it might help them and promote diving. We do this more as a customer service and almost never see an adequate return on our show investment. Heck, we live and prosper by the internet: who needs a show when we have more people coming to our site every single day?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom