Demon Mask Paint Scratching Off…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had bought the new Demon mask in Blue and Silver just before leaving on a dive trip to Florida in June. Just after a few dives the Silver was starting to rub off just taking it in and out of the case. The silver paint scratches so easily that it makes the mask look like I’ve had it for years after just a few dives. While on the boat divers were very happy to see one, since it had just made the début and I was more than happy to share my experience with them. I had to say though that I didn’t like the way the paint has came off of it, since it makes it look like it has aged over the 7 dives it really has.

Is this an issue that Mares has been made aware of yet? If not it is something that you should start looking into or you could have some unhappy customers on your hand. The fit of the mask is great and so is field of vision but something has to be done about the silver coming off. I’ve not been diving with it since, but this weekend I’m pulling it back out of my bag to finish my Rescue Diver class.

I know that I should have written about this issue some time ago, but I wasn’t sure if it needed to be done. However, after some time to think about and realizing that we have a Mares forum on SB, I thought that I would address my concern about a great product.

Adam

Hi Adam,

We have been made aware of the paint scratching, the Demon uses a new process and we are working on improving it. Thank you for the feedback as it is improtant.

Phil

I have the Mares Demon and have the exact same problem with mine. It’s good to know you guys are working on it because I honestly love the Spiderman look. I tend to be a huge smart *** and jokester, so the unusual style makes me feel quite at home; I love the snickers and laughs I get as I show it off. I will wear it till it falls apart and by that time hopefully it will be re-released with a better paint job.

Thanks, glad you like the mask. Aside from the cosmetic paint issue, it should not fall apart.

Regards,

Phil

Hi Phil,

while we have the Demon mask mentioned I was going to ask if you can tell us when Mares will be releasing any other colours in the Demon mask, eg black etc?

Thanks

tracy

Back
Top Bottom