Desicant and charcoal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aikiguy

Contributor
Reaction score
On the blue parts, not the brown or green parts.
# of dives
50 - 99
I am getting ready to head out again and need to get some desiccant was trying to find a source for MOLECULAR SIEV 13X / Vaporshell. And the correct charcoal for my repack able filter for my Bauer Utilus.

Anyone know of a good place to get this stuff. I have a repackable cartridge system.

I have a supply of 20 year old Vaporshell, but it was stored in plastic, and shows signs of having absorbed some moisture through the plastic.

Thanks,
Guy
:)

Last edited:
No direct help but can you recharge the desiccant by drying it in a low oven. we do it all the time in different applications but should work here.

Yeah, I was thinking that, electric or gas make a difference?
I was worried that if I used a gas oven it might impart something nasty that we don't want in there.
Anyone got any feedback on this?

I just ordered some 13x and charcoal from Irwin Air in Vancouver. It was about $10/kg for AC and $20/ kg for 13x plus shipping (greyhound). It comes in a plastic jug so I'm thinking about sticking the 13x into mason jars or mylar bags to get a little more storage life out of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom