Detroit to San Pedro Sula with Continental Airlines??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carehughes

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!
I am making my way to Utila in a few weeks, and feel little nervous about my flight. I have flown to San Pedro Sula twice both with American Airlines from Toronto, but this time I am flying Continental Airlines from Detroit, with a stop in Houston for a grand total of 43 MINUTES...and then off to San Pedro Sula ( all of their flights had stopovers of under an hour).
Soooo, I am wondering if anyone has ever flown Continental with such a short stopover? I am worried mostly about my luggage and equipment successfully switching planes in 43 minutes....any suggestions?
Thanks!

You have every right to be concerned but my wife and I have had many trips with less than an hour in Houston and 95% of the time all bags make it.
If you are bringing dive gear take your reg and mask in your carry on along with a couple pair of shorts/Tee as here you can survive nicely with very little!

I did that flight last year to Utila and was fine! Just a quick jog through the airport, and get right in line! Let the flight attendants on the DTW leg know you've got a quick turnover, and they might help you off the plane faster when it gets to the gate. Enjoy -- I envy you! Wish I were going back!

I can understand your concerns with the tight connections. We fly Continental exclusively...especially because they are consistently the best with luggage. When I read your post, my concern was not whether your luggage would get through in time, but whether YOU would be able to make it through the Houston airport on time! As long as the flight arriving into Houston is on time you should be fine - just don't dilly dally. You will probably be arriving in Terminal C and departing from Terminal E (international terminal). Sometimes domestic flights use the international terminal, so you might get lucky and arrive at the same terminal you'll be departing from...good luck :D

...whether YOU would be able to make it through the Houston airport on time! As long as the flight arriving into Houston is on time you should be fine - just don't dilly dally. You will probably be arriving in Terminal C and departing from Terminal E (international terminal). Sometimes domestic flights use the international terminal, so you might get lucky and arrive at the same terminal you'll be departing from...good luck :D

Thank you SOOO much for your replies! I feel much better knowing that it is not impossible for my luggage to make the switch, much less highly probable...haha yes I have also wondered if I will be able to make it through the Houston airport on time! I tried to grab a seat close to the front so I could bail outta there quickly but no such luck...I'm stuck in the middle of the plane. I will keep my most valued gear with me (reg, computer, mask) in my carry-on just in case.
Thanks so much!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom