DFW LDS's stocking dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosebits

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wanted to give dry gloves a try, any DFW area LDS's stocking them?

Yeah we have the latex seal ones from DUI. I have sizes XL and medium in stock right now but can get large within a week. They are called the "Dry 5 glove" set. I used them for the first time this past weekend. I think the trick is to let them keep a little air in them and don't "burp" them so when they compress at depth they don't feel like you have your hand against a cold window pane. Sometimes I forget that dry doesn't mean warm , it just means dry.

Debra, many people including myself put a piece of caveline or a coffee straw under our latex seal to help keep air in the gloves, at depth. My hands are warm in 48 degree water.

I have a couple of those tubes, they did not come with this particular set of gloves. I am going to try that next. thanks!

Thanks Deb, was thinking more of a ring system though. Someone recommended Viking rings as they are larger than Si-Tech and I have very large hands. Anyone know of any Viking dealers? Their website is rather difficult to find.

I've seen Rand's feet ... they are big as well.
Usually though his head is of a normal size.
(Just How does Rand pack all that brain inside of that head ?? :huh: )

It's a job for Deep Sea Dectectives to figure out I guess.

Hmmm.... Let's see.... Gloves with a ring system :crafty:
I've been in the Jewelry business for 26 years and I have never met a person who likes to wear a ring and a glove at the same time. Rand, Dude ... Take your rings off when you dive !!!
The Sirens think you are single that way. With those feet and hands you have it made :wink:

( yea yea yea I know wrist seal rings... you can moon me now :mooner: )

Hmmm local Viking dealers, have not heard much about them since the last time I saw Alec Ranck. I can give him a call and see if he still reps them in this area. Maybe he has a set or two around?

Wow, I haven't seen Alec since Mansfield Dam, Memorial Day Weekend 2003. Please tell him I said hello, Debra.

I got in touch with Bob3 on the board, I think I'll just get a set from him (he's a Viking dealer).

And you know what they say about guys with big hands... they wear big gloves :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom