DG-03 acted up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GCullen94

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey yall I had a weird thing happen with my DG-03 the other day.

On the boat ride out to the dive site I was setting everything up and the computer would not go into NORM mode, it kept jumping into FREE diving instead. I would put it in NORM and the NORM sign would just flash then go to free. I had no clue what to do and tried everything I knew so I put it in the freshwater rinse. After about 5 minutes I took it out and it went to NORM no problem and everything worked well for the rest of the day.

Has anyone had any similar problems or know a reason why my computer locked up?
Thanks.

---------- Post added January 4th, 2013 at 03:43 PM ----------

Also on the self test it said the battery was good and the computer had been out of the water for a week, no violations made. at home I took the battery out and tested it and there was plenty of voltage and amperage.

I had a similar thing happen with mine on a trip in Februrary. I figured it out though. While changing between FREE, NORM, and GAUGE mode, you will see it blink. If you don't then press the M button to set while the desired mode is blinking, it will stop blinking and revert back to what you were previously on as far as mode. I accidentally set it to a different mode and took me a couple minutes to figure it out. Also know that if you do a dive in GAUGE mode by accident you will be locked into that for 24 hours. I luckily caught it before the dive. Would have been dive day over. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom