DG03 High Nitrogen Alerts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viperz28

Registered
Reaction score
It seems every time I dive I receive High Nitrogen Alerts after a short period of time and I cannot find any information as to what I am seeing and why none of my other DC's show this alert or on my dive buddies DC.

IMG_0994.PNG

The alarm is based on the setting for the nitrogen bar graph (alarm description pg.7; bar graph description pg.9; setting instructions pg.17 manual) or the max tissue loading bar graph (under configuration/dive computer/Alarm tab if you're using the Hollis PC software). They are the same setting. You can set the alarm to be triggered at any one of the 7 segments of the bar graph (choose 1 of 7 settings).

Last edited:
Hi @Viperz28

I dive an Oceanic VT3, similar to your Hollis DG03. As your high nitrogen alarm is going off at only two bars on the graph, I would imagine that the alarm is set at this point. The nitrogen bar graph alarm is chosen in the Set A group menu, the 4th item. This is on page 17 of your owner's manual.
upload_2017-7-6_15-6-54.png

It looks like you have a choice of setting the alarm anywhere between 1 and 7 segments. My VT3 allows me to set it at 8, when I enter deco.

Hope this solves your problem

Good diving,

Craig

Edit: sorry for redundancy, @AdivingBel was posting at the same time. Good we had the same idea :)

Ok, the value was set to the first bar. Now I a,m going through the menus again, thanks for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom