DH divers in Palm Beach/S. Fla area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Airleron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, after lurking this and every DH site and reading for a solid year, I took the plunge and purchased a DA Aquamaster from VDH today. I'm going to be practicing with it in my pool, then the Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach. Was wondering if any experinced DHer's out there are nearby? I'd like to pick your brain for helpful hints or possibly meet there for a dive if possible. BTW, everyone's contributions are so helpful and I couldn't be more excited to get started in my "new" diving adventure. :D

Lisa

Politely said, VDH is where most of the DHers hang out. Become a member there and enjoy the sport. There are a few DHers meeting in Ginnie Spring next Saturday or Sunday. See the thread on VDH Vintage Double Hose • View topic - Ginnie springs in February

You will find that the vintage guys are a friendly lot, once you get past website forum
BS. Not sure what happens between gray matter, key board and post reply keys.

Politely said, VDH is where most of the DHers hang out. Become a member there and enjoy the sport. There are a few DHers meeting in Ginnie Spring next Saturday or Sunday. See the thread on VDH Vintage Double Hose • View topic - Ginnie springs in February

You will find that the vintage guys are a friendly lot, once you get past website forum
BS. Not sure what happens between gray matter, key board and post reply keys.

:rofl3: Nicest, most helpful bunch of horses rears you will ever meet. Funny but true. All of them are great guys once you get to know them.

Thanks guys, I did sign up with the Forum after my purchase today. I'll trot on over and introduce myself. BTW herman, I love horses rears. I'm the Admin at the Navy UDT SEAL Museum, and most of them are "the nicest, most helpful bunch of horses rears I'll ever meet." So it's like home. :)

I'm the Admin at the Navy UDT SEAL Museum, and most of them are "the nicest, most helpful bunch of horses rears I'll ever meet." So it's like home. :)

Then I am sure you know Bernie.

I haven't been at the museum too long and Bernie hasn't stopped by since I started. But when he does (hopefully in May for Memorial Day or at Muster in Nov), I can't wait to sit down with him for a nice long chat.....

So I saw this thread lead with DH divers in Palm... in the Vintage Divers section and clicked it. Ok DH diving kinda in my county. I now actually own the regulator that I learned to dive with when JFK was still alive - the reg was a Broxton Avenue US Divers 1955 DH Aquamaster that my uncle had and totally forgot about. I even got the tank that I used - no backpack - we used a leather belt to keep the thing in place. That was tough when you were a puny little kid. I even managed to get the old tank as well probably still filled with air from the '60's.
So I clicked on the website that Airleron -> nice touch! - worked for, and there on the front page was a memorial brick for Joe Vogel who was a TM-2 (Torpedomen's Mate Second Class) for UDT 21.
I dived with him in 1969 - and he was still a crazy bastard then - and had a Nikonos II that I bought in St. Thomas new for $135. When I got back home, I had some nice Kodachromes of him at Coki Beach. I sent some copies to him and said that air fills without a C-card were getting harder to get, so he sent me two NAUI cards.
Nice.
Joe passed away last year, but really, he's still around.
I'll dive with ya anytime. My restored reg works just great after VDH worked and reworked it, but I keep it dry these days.

Tom, That story about Joe is awesome! Have you been to the Museum? We are undergoing a huge expansion project which will add an additional 8000+ sq ft, and should be up by July 2011. I'm so, well really, honored that I get to work with these wonderful servicemen from UDT/SEALS. Best job I've ever had. If you'd like to visit the museum, I have some free passes for you and your family I'd be happy to send you.

If you ever venture up Blue Heron Bridge way, give me a shout and we can get together for a "vintage dive".

Lisa

Hi, and welcome to the Vintage world. Simonbeans and Herman are right, the vintage diving community is a special one for sure. But for some of us it's not Vintage, it's just a trip down memory lane, so have fun collecting yours. BTW I'm in Boca and I have been talking to some of the guys around here about doing a vintage day so if you want PM me here at SB, I'm on VDH also but I don't get there as often as here.

Hi, and welcome to the Vintage world. Simonbeans and Herman are right, the vintage diving community is a special one for sure. But for some of us it's not Vintage, it's just a trip down memory lane, so have fun collecting yours. BTW I'm in Boca and I have been talking to some of the guys around here about doing a vintage day so if you want PM me here at SB, I'm on VDH also but I don't get there as often as here.

Unless it a local thing, keep us posted. Never know, Henry and myself might just come down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom